Aromatherapy to Overcome Your ‘Sweet Tooth”

One of the biggest problems when it comes to weight loss are food cravings, and usually cravings for something sweet. Many people stick to a rigorous meal plan during the day but as soon as the bedtime is drawing near, then the sugar cravings come to life. And you would probably give in, thinking you have been strong all day and you think you deserve something sweet. Giving in to food is the thing that makes it harder to stay strong.

One of the biggest enemies on your weight loss journey is the food craving. What would you say if we told you that there is something that has been around for many years but it is only now resurfacing its qualities. It can not only help manage cravings and feeling of hunger but it can also address some contributors to weight issues such as stress. The answer to all your problems might be aromatherapy weight loss home remedies.

Many people want to lose weight fast, but the same time they want to do it safely and effectively. The best choice in this case are essential oils. Do not get me wrong, you will not lose 50 pounds immediately. Using essential oils will help your body shed a few pounds in a healthy way. After all, we hope that you have set up a realistic goal, because losing weight is a long process that requires sacrifices and lots of work.

3 Essential Oils To Help You Lose Weight

Grapefruit Oil

Grapefruit oil activates the enzymes which help your body break down body fat. Grapefruit oil is made of grapefruit peel which contains certain compounds such as D-limonene which cleanse the drainage of lymphatic glands. This is why grapefruit essential oil is used in many cellulite creams for dry brushing. And for that reason this oil can help your body in burning fat and losing weight.

If you mix grapefruit oil with patchouli oil it will lower your food cravings. What better tool for losing weight than this one. Just when a craving kicks in massage some essential oil on your chest or your wrist. Or, in case you are at work add couple of drops in your water.

Cinnamon Oil

Cinnamon oil is considered the second best when it comes to weight loss. This essential oil help in regulating blood glucose levels and for that reason is number one choice for people with diabetes. The cinnamon oil balances blood sugar and helps you control your sugar cravings. This is good in the long run, because unstable blood sugar can lead to overeating and you will gain weight. You can add cinnamon oil to almost everything, starting from your tea to bake goods.

Ginger Oil

Ginger essential oil is another oil that supports weight loss. Ginger also helps your body fight sugar cravings and reduces inflammation in the body. It has been scientifically been proven that ginger improves absorption of vitamins and minerals too.

Essential oils are one of the most powerful forms of medicine. They have been used for thousands of years and if you want better results you better start using them too. and you can win the epic battle of body and mind.

Do you have a sweet tooth? Do you try to ignore your cravings or you just indulge in them?

1. Ima

April 27, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Lol I rarely have sweet tooth but when I do, I really do, lol.
    I’d definitely keep these oils in mind for future use, thanks! 😊

2. Erin

May 4, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Wow, I’ve never heard of doing this, but it makes so much sense! Thanks for sharing!

3. Noblandmakeup

May 4, 2017 at 9:35 pm

I’m basically a slave to sweets. I’ve tried substituting chocolate for an orange, so that way I get the sugar, but it’s not so bad for me. Kind of worked, but then it didnt…. maybe ill try this though!

4. Claudia Blanton

May 5, 2017 at 3:17 am

I think for me the grapefruit oil is what works best for curbing gravings – any citrus oil seems to have this effect on me, so I can see what you are saying here. I love cinnamon, but that reminds me too much of stuff I like to eat, lol. Slightly counterproductive! Blessings!

5. Catvills

May 6, 2017 at 5:58 pm

I have never thought essential oils can help curb your cravings! I think I would like to try the Grapefruit oil first. I know eating grapefruit can help with weight loss, but really, this is the first time I learned that the oil could work the same way too.

6. MELANIE EDJOURIAN

May 6, 2017 at 9:13 pm

I love using essential oils but haven’t used them for cravings before I really must try doing that as I have a very sweet tooth.

7. Mal @ intothecity.me

May 6, 2017 at 10:27 pm

Interesting! I nver though that aromatherapy could ever help with something like this. I do get cravings sometimes and the only way to get them away is to… well – give in to them! I guess I need to fight it harder, maybe those oils will help?

8. Yeu Doi

May 7, 2017 at 2:07 am

I recently became a sweet tooth, so shall utilize your tips. Thank you for the helpful post. Love aromatherapy!

9. Marina Rosie

May 8, 2017 at 10:55 am

Aromatherapy is amazing, but I didn’t know that it could help one to overcome their sweet tooth! The grapefruit oil sounds interesting! x
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie x

May 8, 2017 at 4:13 pm

A much better alternative to diet shakes. I have heard that oils do indeed do wonders for cravings and I like the sound of ginger oil! x

11. Katie Kinsley

May 8, 2017 at 4:35 pm

All the other posts that I’ve come across lately are more for hair and skin, but not sweet tooth. I would find this very helpful if it works.

12. Erica @ Black Bloggers Network

May 8, 2017 at 10:46 pm

OMG! I never knew that essential oils could be used to help you lose weight. So glad that I found this post. Anything that’ll help me curb my sweet tooth is something that I must try. Thanks for the informative post!

Erica | Black Bloggers Network
    NEW POST: 5 Secrets to Explode Your Blog Income: How One Blogger Earns Over $100,000 per Month

13. Joanna

May 9, 2017 at 5:26 pm

I would definitely need one of these three oils, as my sweet tooth is too strong and I can’t resist chocolate. The cinnamon essential oil sounds the best, its smell reminds me of Christmas.

14. Elizabeth O.

May 9, 2017 at 5:28 pm

This sounds amazing. I’ve never heard of aromatherapy aiding in weight loss before. I learned a lot reading this post.

15. Carol Cassara

May 9, 2017 at 5:29 pm

Had I known this before, I would have given it a try! Thanks for the very informative and education post about what these oils can do to help you get over sweets. I’ve been trying to avoid sugary treats and chocolate for months now.

16. Tiina A

May 9, 2017 at 6:03 pm

Thanks for this pampering & useful tips! I need to go out and buy all these essetial oils to make loosing weight more pleasant. Never actually thought that aromatherapy would help but will definitely give it a try.

17. Anele

May 9, 2017 at 7:15 pm

Yay for cinnamon oil! You had me with that one, a great substitute. I love sugar so I don’t know how easy this is going to be but I’m up for the challenge for a healthier life 🙂

18. Brit

May 9, 2017 at 7:47 pm

I don’t really have a sweet tooth but I really want to get into essential oils – I keep hearing about all of their benefits!

May 10, 2017 at 3:54 am

This is the first time I’ve head of using essential oils to break a craving. I’m really liking the sound of grapefruit oil .. that one I’ll have to try after I’ve had one too many sweets during the holidays

20. Eloise

May 11, 2017 at 6:24 pm

I love all of the alternative health ways to help beat many problems that people face… It’s interesting that essential oils can help with that sweet tooth and help with weight loos : )

21. Lisa

May 22, 2017 at 6:02 pm

This is excellent information, I wasn’t aware of this added benefit to using essential oils. I love grapefruit and citrus in my essential oils so will keep using them for sure!