Snoring Remedies That Actually Work

Β How to stop someone from snoring?

Snoring usually occurs when the airflow is constricted. This is something that we are able to prevent when we are awake but not when we are fast asleep. So if you have snoring problems or want to stop someone from snoring we suggest you take a hot shower before you go to bed and use saltwater nose rinse. This combination will keep your passages clear and give you a good quiet night sleep.

Change Sleeping Position

There are some sleeping positions that go hand in hand with snoring. The most famous one is lying on your back. This way your soft palate and your tongue are pressed against the back of your throat. You know the results of this, and if you don’t we will tell you, snoring! This is especially frustrating if the one snoring is your spouse or a roommate. So, if you want to stop someone from snoring tell them to use a full length body pillow to help them sleep on their side.

Drink Lots of Fluids

Stay hydrated, drink lots of fluids especially water. If you are dehydrated, your mouth and your nose are sticky which leads to, let me remind you one more time, snoring.

Avoid Alcohol

Cocktails may help you unwind, but they will not help your significant other, or with other words, the person that you share a bed with. Alcohol makes our muscles relaxed and our natural defense against airway obstruction is weaker than usual. Again, this will result in more snoring than usual.

Open Your Nasal Passages

If your snoring is a result of your nose and not your soft palate, then you can use adhesive nasal strips. They have been proven very effective since they lift and open nasal passages.

Nasal Spray

Again, if the reason of you snoring is the blockage of your nasal paths then you can start using nasal spray. It may help you open up the passages.

Humidifier

If your room is dry and warm then as you sleep you increase the risk of congestion. Put a humidifier next to your bed and this might help you reduce your snoring.

Snoring is a huge problem. If your snoring is minor then you have no problem but if it is not than it can affect your relationship or your job. If you have tried something that is not on this list feel free to share it in the comment section.

1. Ashley Gabrielle

April 25, 2017 at 11:13 pm

Interesting! My boyfriend snores! We just started using a humidifier, I curious to see if there are any changes over the next few days.

1. Elena

April 25, 2017 at 11:18 pm

If it works let me know, I haven`t tried that yet

2. Japji

April 25, 2017 at 11:35 pm

Amazing tips! I don’t snore but I have roomies who do so u definitely need to share it with them πŸ™‚

3. Linda Memphis

April 26, 2017 at 12:24 am

All great tips – hadn’t seen the humidifier one before so that’s really useful – thank you!

4. Shirley

April 26, 2017 at 2:42 am

Thanks for sharing these remedies, my husband snores most of the time. I will try nasal spray for him and i hope it will work.

5. Sunshine Guerrilla

April 26, 2017 at 6:41 am

No snoring for us but I bet someone is loving this info!

6. Dusica (Didi)

April 26, 2017 at 7:07 am

I’m lucky that my boyfriend doesn’t snore. But I know some people, oh my, they can really shake the room πŸ™‚

7. Cat

April 26, 2017 at 4:11 pm

This is perfect for me πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I snore so bad . I agree humidifiers really help.

8. Chelsea Elizabeth

April 26, 2017 at 8:03 pm

My partner is a terrible snored! It causes major arguments in this house, he has sleep apnea and has a CPAP machine to help but he can’t wear it πŸ™

Chelsea

9. Jana Carrero

April 26, 2017 at 11:47 pm

Super helpful! Thankfully my boyfriend doesn’t snore, but I’ll def keep these remedies in mind for a few friends whose significant others keep them up all night haha

April 27, 2017 at 12:06 am

Great tips about snoring .. especially about the evening cocktail. I’m forever poking my husband in the night “Sweetie can you please roll over?” Now we just need to fix up a snoring pug and all will be well with the world!

11. Khushboo

April 27, 2017 at 1:47 am

I have a snoring problem and I try to do some deep breathing exercises before sleeping. It definitely has helped me.

12. Ravi

April 27, 2017 at 1:49 pm

Yes, you have included very important points in this article. I’ll try to remember and hopefully I will never need them πŸ™‚

13. Tiffany

April 27, 2017 at 2:17 pm

Hello Elena,

These are some great tips! I definitely need to share this with my Friends as I know they are going to find it helpful.

April 27, 2017 at 2:20 pm

Oh wow! I never knew that alcohol could make you snore but I guess it does make sense, like you said your deference are weakened!

15. Surekha

April 27, 2017 at 4:54 pm

Firstly I love the pic esp the expression πŸ™‚ I never knew alcohol could be a reason for snoring. My dad snores a lot and I once got him nostril stripes that help to reduce snore. Humidifier sounds like a great tip

16. Lindsey

April 30, 2017 at 12:45 pm

Alcohol definitely triggers snoring. Now I don`t have this problem but it is vital for those who do suffer from snoring to remember not to drink too much.

17. Tonya Wilhelm

June 10, 2017 at 12:16 am

Nice. I just shared this with my mom! My stepdad sounds like a bear.

18. Carol Cassara

June 11, 2017 at 7:07 am

These are great tips! My husband would snore when he’s had a really tiring day and normally I just prompt him to change his position and it’s all good.

19. Catvills

June 13, 2017 at 12:22 am

My husband snores when he falls asleep on his back. Solution? I push him so he sleeps on his side. No more snoring! πŸ™‚ I will also have to check on those nasal strips. My husband may want to lay on his back sometimes too.

20. Odilia Mcwilliams

July 31, 2017 at 8:05 am

You have made some really good points there. I looked on the internet for additional information about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this web site.|