The Fastest Way to Lose Weight for Lazy People

Being a woman I know how hard is to lose weight and how much time it takes. We get focused too late, when there are no options left. Myself for example, I start to watch what I eat one month before a big event or before I go on holiday.

The long term approach to losing weight comes with the best results, but there are some ways to speed up the metabolism and lose weight even for people like me. I know for a fact that my group is larger though. Here are some easy steps you can try last minute and you will be surprised by the results.

Step #1 Watch Your Fluids

Start drinking green tea and avoid calories in a glass. Green tea is very rich in antioxidants especially catechins which are known to enhance metabolism. And, try to avoid juice, soda and coffee as much as you can. The main reason for this is that calories in a glass do not feed your hunger. So, even if you had Grande Mocha you still might want another one. At the end of the day you have more than 800 calories that you did not needed in the first place.

Step #2 Start Lifting

Remember, you have only one month left to your big event so you should do something. Use your weights to start exercising. You do not have to join the gym even, you can do it at your home. But do this only if you are self disciplined otherwise seek someone who will motivate you. What is a better motivation than someone taking money from you for a monthly membership, right?

Step #3 Lose the Salt

If you eat too much salt, you should know that salt contributes to water retention. This will make you feel bloated. Just keep an eye on your sodium intake, at least for one month and then you can start all over again. This restriction includes most of the prepackaged foods, since they are all hidden sources of salt.

Step #4 Get Some Sleep

This might seem like wrong to you, but sleep deprivation can make you fat. People who think that they can go around without a good night sleep have a very slow metabolism and some extra pounds too.

Step #5 Eat Every Meal

Skipping meals will make you feel even more hungry. People think that if they skip meals they will intake less calories, but the sad truth is when you are hungry all you can think is food. You try to control yourself during the day and then you end up binge eating at night. And the worst part is that your metabolism slows down at night so those calories that you just had will end up permanently on your body.

Step #6 Add 20 minutes to your workout

We hope that if you are on a diet that you are already working out. It is a high time you have started by now. Add only 20 minutes to your workout. This does not mean that you have to stay more at the gym, but there are other ways you can be active. Avoid the elevator and take the stairs, go to work on foot, or if you work too far, park your car at least one block further from your work place.

Step #7 Drink Up

You have probably heard this somewhere before and that is water will speed up your weight loss. You have probably heard this before too, and that is to drink 8 glasses of water a day. I would add only at least 8 to this well known fact if you want your system to run smoothly.

Step #Extra Be Realistic

The media is overflowing us with weight loss hypes at every corner. And they actually manage to convince us, mostly because we are desperate. Remember you have only one month left to go to your thing, anniversary or whatever. And you will probably end up with bigger emotional pain when everything fails. But, be realistic, it takes time and determination to lose weight. Losing weight is simply a science not a magic trick.

lose weight

1. Erin

April 29, 2017 at 7:48 am

All solid advice. Like you say, it’s a science there’s no trick. I always wonder what those clickbait ads that say “one simple trick to weight loss” actually contain. There’s no trick, it’s doing the things you list above and sticking with it!

2. Teddy Hreha

May 12, 2017 at 3:22 pm

Awesome Blogpost Thanks for sharing.

3. Olene Lyerla

May 13, 2017 at 6:39 am

Awesome post Thanks for sharing.

4. Ana De-Jesus

May 18, 2017 at 3:05 pm

You are right, calories in a glass do not feed your hunger so it can make you drink and snack more without meaning to. Green tea sounds good x

May 18, 2017 at 3:21 pm

I especially loved the tip about sleep. A few years ago when I was losing weight I hit a plateau. It was during a really busy time in my life and I wasn’t sleeping well. Once I was able to get 8 hours (or so) in every night, the rest of my weight came off like a dream!

6. Akamatra

May 19, 2017 at 7:09 am

I totally agree with loosing the salt but I have to disagree with the water intake. You don’t have to drink 8 glasses of water if you don’t eat salt (you don’t need to), you just need to eat and drink 8 equivalents of glasses. Every fruit has water, every vegetable too. There is no scientific paper out there that says you have to drink so much water and believe me I have researched it 😉

7. Our Family World

May 20, 2017 at 6:59 am

It seems like you wrote this article just for me! 🙂 I don’t have a regular exercise routine but I do walk – a lot. I drink water like a camel would after days in the dry dessert. LOL. Thanks for these tips. I am sure it will help a lot of women who don’t have time to work out.

8. Ant

May 22, 2017 at 8:10 pm

I agree with these tips! Watching fluids, cutting salt and sleep are important. Weight training helped me a lot too. If you can cut sugars (so hard), that’s even better.

9. Chemady

May 22, 2017 at 8:19 pm

Thanks for sharing this great tips. I found it useful.

10. Jill

May 22, 2017 at 11:04 pm

I’d put drinking water in the 1st place! It’s not only for weight loss but for overall health too! xx

Jill

11. Dee

May 23, 2017 at 12:22 am

Thanks for sharing! Trying to lose weight for an event can be stressful, so I try to make health a priority every day.

-Dee

May 23, 2017 at 1:59 am

Perfect advice! Sleep , workout n diet makes so much difference!

13. Nida

May 23, 2017 at 9:37 am

I am quite lazy ! Much needed these tips thanks for share

14. Mae

May 23, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Thanks for sharing these tips! I believe in weight control through the food and the portions you eat. It’s about moderation and not starving yourself with the latest and trendiest diet. As a mom, it’s more important for me to be healthy so the food choices we make are very important.

Mae | http://wwwthegospelofbeauty.org

15. Courtney Andrews

May 23, 2017 at 2:39 pm

These are all great tips! I lost 70 pounds since late 2015 but I’ve fallen off the wagon a bit this year. I’ll be using these tips to get back on track!

16. kristina

May 23, 2017 at 10:51 pm

haha! Love the title of this post! I can totally relate. This tasks do seem simple enough though for even the laziest to complete 🙂 thx