How to Love Yourself MORE in the Roller Coaster of Love

Every living being is searching for love, that profound emotion known to all of us. But do we get trapped in the roller coaster of love once we think we have found our soul mate? We tend to forget to love ourselves and give all our love to our significant other.

In order for a person to find true happiness and fulfillment, they need to love and respect themselves. Our main goal is to attract a specific person we can share our lives with and without loving ourselves that would be impossible.

You might be surprised to hear this, but it is possible to neglect yourself once you get trapped in the roller coaster of love. I am not saying that love is bad, it is not, but do not forget that you need to have a relationship with yourself as well.

Find your soul mate and experience a roller coaster of love

Once you reach that state of peace and happiness within you will find the right person for you. Even if you are aware of the fact that you do not love yourself then the first step is to admit it.

There are people who do not know what love even means, and they will be surprise that love is actually something so natural and easy. It does not have to be about anything in particular. Just think of what makes you feel ecstatic, what brings fulfillment in your life.

If you want my personal advice, I would suggest you to love yourself enough and chase your dreams even if they scare you. Do not stay entrapped in a place or a situation just because other people expect you to.

Heal your past wounds

Most of us cannot carry on with their lives just because of bad past experiences. We are filled with negative emotions and fears and I know that it is hard to let things go, but at some point you must. Not because of someone else but because of yourself.

READ  10 Smart Decisions You Should Celebrate

Learn to love yourself exactly as you are and where you are at this point. You cannot wait for things to be right, because, let`s be honest they might never be the way you expected them to be. Life is not perfect, and if you wait to meet certain standards, I hate to bring this to you, you might never will. But do not see that as a bad thing. Even though at times you might feel bad or disappointed do not be. People are capable to adapt more than they think they do.

Once you learn to treat yourself with the loving care you would like to receive from your soul mate you are ready to be taken away by the roller coaster of love.

roller coaster of love

1. Kristina

April 28, 2017 at 1:59 pm

Self-love is so important!! πŸ’• Great post.

2. Kate

April 28, 2017 at 3:59 pm

Agree, such an important hurdle to overcome. Need to love yourself or you can’t be capable of loving others. Great post. X

3. Neely Moldovan

April 28, 2017 at 7:12 pm

Self love is so important. I always try to remember that I have to lvoe myself first.

4. Lauten

April 28, 2017 at 7:23 pm

Always be yourself! Love this post! ☺️ Xo

5. Liz Mays

April 28, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I definitely think that a lot of people become trapped in situations that may not be best for themselves. It’s good to remember to love yourself without relying too much on external things.

6. Brandy

April 28, 2017 at 9:11 pm

This is well written, I do agree that we lose our own self in love. It’s not something that is bad or that we mean to do. I think that we simply fall in love so deeply and care for someone for the long haul that we then put their needs and desires before our own then we wake up going what did we do?! And if you are in the right relationship, you will be able to recover yourself, love yourself again and not harm the relationship!

7. Trish

April 28, 2017 at 9:51 pm

This is a very thoughtful post. I agree that loving yourself is important in any loving relationship.

8. Scott

April 29, 2017 at 4:24 am

You have to really love who you are first. Only then will others love you as you are.

9. Yeu Doi

April 29, 2017 at 5:34 am

Great perspective on love. Indeed we have to love ourselves to love others more.

10. Tami

April 29, 2017 at 11:37 pm

You have really said something worthwhile here. I haven’t always loved myself.

11. Divya

April 30, 2017 at 9:37 pm

So true. This took me many, many years to realize. But once I did start loving myself, that’s when I found my now-husband πŸ™‚ Funny how that works out!

12. Annemarie LeBlanc

May 1, 2017 at 5:02 am

Everything is so true. My mom always told me that – love yourself first so you can love others more. She always said, “Before you take home your paycheck, take a side trip to the mall. Pick a new blouse, a new shade of lipstick. Anything to make you feel good about yourself. This is not being selfish. This is all about loving yourself and rewarding yourself for a job well done.”

13. Sarah

May 19, 2017 at 7:35 pm

I agree wih you, past wounds hold people back. Loving yourself is so important and it can help to just have some alone time once in a while. Reaching for your dreams is key or you will always feel resentment. Great post!

14. Sarah

May 19, 2017 at 7:35 pm

15. Katherine

May 19, 2017 at 7:44 pm

Not just self-love, but I also believe you have to remind yourself sometimes to treat other people like you want to be treated. It’s easy when you’ve been married ten years to be bossy and rude when having a bad day, but no-one likes to be treated like that!

16. katrina gehman

May 23, 2017 at 1:32 am

love is def a roller coaster. forgiving is key as we all have bad days.

17. Angela Milnes

May 24, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Healing from the past is so important. I took years to do this before my next marriage but the time was needed!