Reach financial freedom and forget that it is a payday

Let`s face with the reality, times are hard. There are job insecurities, debt and financial problems which only add up to emotional distress, where only financial freedom is the key.

How financial problems affect you

Some say that reaching financial freedom is not that difficult, you just have to work hard and that is it. But the thing is, when you have financial problems you are overwhelmed with anxiety and worry and you cannot think straight. Do not get me wrong this does not mean that you are suffering from depression of some sort, this only means that you feel down just because of the situation you are stuck in.

Habits to develop to reach financial freedom

1. Spend less and earn more. Try to find a way to increase your paycheck, do not just depend on one income, find a side job or work from home. To be honest there are many ways, you just have to be willing to put some effort in it. And do not forget one other crucial thing, do not over spend. Think twice whether you need another pair of shoes or not, spend money on what really matters only.
  2. Love your job. If you hate what you are doing you are just going to feel more distress and you will be far away from the solution. Love what you do and work as hard as possible to excel in it.
  3. Manage your cash. The most important thing for reaching financial freedom is having a steady cash flow. Not having a cash flow is the same as paddling a boat without an oar, eventually you will drown.
  4. Pay off your credit card. If you want to buy something but you cannot afford to pay for it in the same month than think again before you act. Credit card debt will only increase your money stress.
  5. Have an emergency fund. Even if you have a steady job with a steady income you cannot rely on it 100 percent. You never know what might happen to your company. One risky deal and you and your coworkers can end up fired. For this reason it is very important to have an emergency fund you can rely on while you are in-between-jobs.

Getting rid of financial problems and reaching financial freedom is everyone`s ideal. But remember, that is not something you can do fast, even Rome wasn`t built in one day. It takes lots of dedication and hard work but it is worth it.

financial freedom

1. Mal @ intothecity.me

April 30, 2017 at 12:01 am

What a great post, thanks for sharing. Overspending surely is the biggest problems, in the era of consumptionism and materialism made us spend money that we don’t really have on things that we don’t really need. I like to have a direct deposit set up on my account that transfers a portion of my salary to my savings account, so no matter how I spend during the month, I still have some money saved up!

2. Noblandmakeup

April 30, 2017 at 5:02 am

The emergency fund is the best idea ever. My parents had an emergency, and I was able to help them out because I had one. Also not spending money on random impulse buys is amazing advice. Hard for me to implement in real life, but great advice none the less lol.

3. Ravi

April 30, 2017 at 10:25 am

Agreed.. Money saved is money made..

4. kathryn Maher

April 30, 2017 at 6:00 pm

Some great tips here to reach financial freedom. I agree you must love what you do as life is to short not to enjoy how you earn your money. Having a nest egg for a rainy day is always a good idea.

5. Tiana

May 1, 2017 at 12:36 pm

I love the part about having an emergency fund. That is extremely crucial as change is the only constant thing in life

6. Christopher Lewis

May 4, 2017 at 2:51 pm

Having an emergency fund has saved me numerous times when things have come up or times have been hard. Great tips! Love it!

7. Kathy Myers

May 4, 2017 at 4:35 pm

We have always lived on the Dave Ramsey plan, we use to both work but now at 49 I am retired we own two homes and are debt free!

8. Shamira

May 4, 2017 at 4:45 pm

#5 is the HARDEST for me! I’m always starting emergency funds and then forgetting the meaning of the name emergency… haha!

9. Dollie

May 4, 2017 at 5:39 pm

This was very informative…overspending is something I could definitely be better at.

10. NikkiFree

May 4, 2017 at 6:45 pm

What a great and awfully timely post! My husband and I decided that May 1 would be the date that we start aggressively saving more for our retirement. That means doing several things on your list! Thanks for this timely and very relevant post!

11. Saidah Washington

May 4, 2017 at 7:02 pm

Being debt free is a great place to be. I’ve not had any consumer debt for a few years now and it’s so liberating.

12. Jill

May 4, 2017 at 7:04 pm

Great tips! And it’s awesome when more and more people are ditching the regular way of earning money, and are brave enough to do something different for a better life!

Jill

13. Dot

May 4, 2017 at 8:25 pm

Great tips! We are working at this every day

14. Katie Kinsley

May 4, 2017 at 11:34 pm

Some days its really hard to love my job and spend less than I earn. Every day I’m trying my best!

15. Natasha

May 5, 2017 at 2:02 am

Love these tips. I really need to build up the rainy day fund…working on it though.

16. Scott

May 5, 2017 at 2:18 am

All good tips. It’s all about living below your means. This allow you to save and get debt free!

17. Anmaria Djong

May 5, 2017 at 5:21 am

I would love to reach the day when I forgot it is pay day though. I am still so looking forward to it for now..haha. But its so true..we spent so much time to work and earn the money. We should spend less so that we don’t need to spend so much time at work.

18. Tina Basu

May 5, 2017 at 5:35 am

How true is that – great tips. I am working towards it ever since i quit my work and starting my own business.

19. Carrie@thelavenderhytta

May 5, 2017 at 9:09 am

We are definitely working on spending less so that we have more money left over at the end of each month to put in savings but some months it is so hard. Hopefully as time continues and we do it each and every month it will be come easier.

20. Foteini K

May 5, 2017 at 2:10 pm

That post is really helpful! Now with the capital control and POS in Greece I have to use my credit card more and as I see I overspend :/
    β™₯ xoxo My Life as Foteini/ Foteini Karagianni β™₯

21. Practical Gadget Cover Insurance Programs Clarified

May 5, 2017 at 2:18 pm

Wonderful website you’ve there. Keep up the good work!!!!

22. Jamie

May 5, 2017 at 5:03 pm

This is so helpful! Keeping things in line financially can be so hard sometimes!

23. Rahul Khurana

May 5, 2017 at 5:55 pm

These are good tips. I think we need to plan usage of money. The main problem that we don’t end up saving money is that we increase the rate of our lifestyle more than the rate of earning money. There needs to be a balance. Don’t buy credit cards, most of the problems will be solved. You won’t overspend then.

24. Elizabeth O.

May 5, 2017 at 6:23 pm

Having a plan that allows you to save more money is great. I think these are also very nice tips to help people gain financial freedom.

25. Carol Cassara

May 5, 2017 at 6:25 pm

Very good tips. My husband and I follow a strict budget so that we can save more money. We love to travel so we make sure that we handle our finances well.

26. Lindsey London Mumma

May 5, 2017 at 7:58 pm

I totally need to apply this to my life, thats why I am taking the first step and booking marking this post. x

27. Erica @ Black Bloggers Network

May 5, 2017 at 8:13 pm

The quote at the top of this post was fire! It’s definitely your spending habits that destroy your finances. Thanks for the great tips!

28. Dusica

May 6, 2017 at 11:16 am

We always spend more money on unnecessary things, sometimes we shopping without control πŸ™‚ This is a very helpful article!

29. MELANIE EDJOURIAN

May 6, 2017 at 7:37 pm

I know many that have a problem with over spending. They make a decent wage but then I keep hearing they have spent it on things that are not necessary and then are struggling. I need to send them over to read this.

30. Yeu Doi

May 7, 2017 at 1:38 am

You made some great points. As ex-refugees, we are always frugal and save for ‘rainy days.’ Thank you for great post.

31. Jennifer L

May 8, 2017 at 5:37 am

These are amazing tips on making sure we have a realistic and practical view on finances. It can be so easy to just spend on whim and therefore increase our debt, but we have to really make smart decisions when it comes to finances.

32. Myles

May 9, 2017 at 1:38 pm

You could certainly see your expertise within the paintings you write. The arena hopes for more passionate writers such as you who aren’t afraid to mention how they believe. At all times follow your heart.

33. Lincoln Gattie

May 13, 2017 at 10:33 am

Awesome post Thanks for sharing.

34. Ana De-Jesus

May 16, 2017 at 9:29 pm

i did have an emergency fund but then unfortunately I had to use it. I agree that learning to spend less does help!

35. Glory

May 16, 2017 at 10:55 pm

These are some really good tips. I started an emergency fund by only setting aside $75 a pay any have managed to say some dough. It’s a good feeling to know if something unexpected happends you have a back up.

May 17, 2017 at 2:42 am

Such wonderful tips! You’re exactly right, it’s very hard to out-earn spending problems. For me, it’s the little things that I have to be mindful of. They can really add up quick!

37. Catvills

May 17, 2017 at 7:32 am

Spend wisely is the best way to go. Learn the difference between a need and a want. I also made arrangements with my bank to automatically deposit 1/3 of my salary into a different account. It is sometimes hard to put away money for savings once you have it in your wallet. It is better that I don’t see it or hold it in my hands. So far, so good. My other bank account is flourishing. πŸ™‚

38. Rhian Westbury

May 17, 2017 at 11:38 am

I have been working really hard to try and get proper savings in place and to pay off anything which needs paying off x

39. Jessica

May 17, 2017 at 2:14 pm

Those are very great tips to reach financial freedom. My husband and I are definitely working on some of those things. My husband has a job he loves so that definitely helps. Not having debt really is a wonderful thing!

40. MELANIE EDJOURIAN

May 18, 2017 at 1:55 pm

Interesting and very true. I know people that can’t seem to hang on to money at all yet they have lots of new clothes all the time and then wonder where the money has gone, funny that.

41. Donna Ward

May 19, 2017 at 12:24 am

I definitely agree with each point – and you got me with ‘it’s not your salary that makes you rich…It’s your spending habits’ – such a fabulous reminder for me! Thank you

42. Meenal Ranka

May 19, 2017 at 3:39 am

Great post and tips required by most of the people. Really helpful.

43. Ant

May 19, 2017 at 3:41 am

I say this all the time! It’s fascinating that Bill Gates still drives an old honda civic πŸ™‚ It’s all about how you manage your funds and not about what you’re showing you own.

44. Mae

May 19, 2017 at 4:19 am

There’s no better financial sense than to spend within your means. No matter how much you earn, if you spend more than what’s coming in, you can never save and have financial stability. Great tips here!
    Mae | http://www.thegospelofbeauty.org

45. Nadalie

May 19, 2017 at 4:31 pm

Hey Elena,
    GREAT POST! Financial freedom is fabulous.
    I don’t have it permanently, haha unfortunately, but I was able to save enough + make enough on the side to be more or less free for the last two years without a 9-5. It’s been awesome, I’m never going back.
    Love it,
    Nadalie, It’s All You Boo
    NEW POST: How Do I Slay My Goals?

46. Jill

May 19, 2017 at 4:40 pm

Simply great tips! Thanks

Jill

47. Ana Ojha

May 19, 2017 at 5:23 pm

Great tips and reminder! We need to spend our hard-earned money wisely . I totally agree with you that we need to keep emergency fund as you never know what unfortunate circumstances come your way!

48. Dee

May 20, 2017 at 12:30 am

Thank you for sharing! Overspending is a huge problem. Spending wisely is the best way.

49. Whitney Abigail

May 20, 2017 at 8:18 pm

These are some great tips, I’ve just finished university so will deffo be using these when I join the adult world.

50. chichi

May 22, 2017 at 5:53 am

having an emergency fund makes so much sense in todays uncertain times!

51. ankit

May 23, 2017 at 5:47 pm

Working hard to get out of the cycle of salary day and no money