How to Deal With Stress

Stress is inevitable in today`s society, and no matter what you do you simply cannot avoid it. Everyone feels stressed now and then, but what not many people know is that stress can affect your health, so it is of crucial importance to know how to deal with stress. There are 2 things you can actually control when you are stressed out, and they are, how stressed you get and how often do you feel stressed.

If you do not know how to deal with stress in certain situations then your life can be a burden, and it does not have to be that way. You can feel tired all the time and not wanting to go to work and as a result get an upset stomach or a migraine. But, you cannot go through life like that. So, think about what you can do to change the situation and find a solution or a way out. In this article we will not only share ideas on how to prevent getting stressed but also how to deal with stressful situations.

One problem at a time

If you have many things to finish then the best thing you can do is to do one thing at a time. Single task is the best method to finish work, this way you will be fully committed to what you are doing, so you do not have to go back rechecking the progress and starting to work on it again. Multi-tasking is a process I do not believe in, but in case you have to multi task, then you should set off some time during the day and fully dedicate your time to those things you have to finish.

Take notes

No matter what you are doing always have a notebook close to you. There you can write down your brainstorming ideas, your schedule, your grocery list. This way you will have a reminder of what needs to be done so you will not stress out trying to figure out what you have already done, and what you have to do.

To do list

Write down on a piece of paper the most important tasks you have to do. This way you will not feel stresses and overwhelmed. Keep your list short, otherwise you will stress out if you cannot finish everything that is on the list.

Focus on finding a solution

Spend most of your time on finding a solution of your current problem. Do that during the day, concentrate and work on the problem. You might think that you are busy during the day and you would want to leave your problem for when you go to sleep. You might think that this is the time when we have more time for our own thoughts. But, you are wrong. If you start over thinking you might stay awake all night. This will only cause more stress.

Disconnect over the weekend

The best stress relief is finding a balance between work and rest. Many people do not know that weekend is the time when they have to slow down and relax. Be productive while you are at work so you will not have to take work home, especially for the weekend. Weekend is the time to do something fun and to recharge your batteries.

Do what you love to do

Find what you enjoy doing the most and create time to do it. It can be playing soccer with your kids, watching movies or reading a book. Find couple of hours during the day to do what you love to do. Is there a better advice on how to deal with stress than doing the things you enjoy doing?

READ  Home Remedies for Dark Spots That Actually Work

Learn to eliminate

If your schedule is really tight, ask yourself, do you have to do everything? There are probably some smaller tasks that you can avoid without consequences. You are probably putting too much on your plate and that is why you feel so stressed all the time. Reevaluate your obligations and your tasks and see which ones you can omit.

Have you ever asked yourself what are the most important strategies on how to deal with stress? The answer to this is so simple and so obvious, getting enough sleep, exercise couple of times a week and have a healthy diet. The thing is that sometimes we forget the obvious things and there must be someone to constantly remind us. This is the main objective of this article. And remember, for a stress free life, sometimes we need to change our whole lifestyle.

how to deal with stress

1. Eugenia

April 30, 2017 at 5:06 pm

Sometimes dealing with stress is not an easy task. What helps me the most is getting enough sleep, leading a healthy lifestyle and focusing on things I enjoy doing ( such as blogging and spend more time with friends). These are really so good remedies to avoid stress for me!

2. Akamatra

May 3, 2017 at 3:23 pm

Those are great tips! I am into lists and doing what I love (which is crochet) in order to relax!

3. Deepa

May 3, 2017 at 4:22 pm

Great tips and Do what you love to do is my favourite. I strongly feel these small things can really help.

4. Joanna

May 3, 2017 at 4:32 pm

Disconnecting over the weekend and taking a break can definitely help us in the process of stress relief. We should always identify the signals of stress and simply stop for a while, letting our body relax and our minds unwind.

5. ejnosillA/RedefiningHERstory

May 3, 2017 at 4:41 pm

I really found this post very useful and helpful… as a person who suffers from high blood pressure… i really do have to watch my stress level… your blog post gave me some great ideas that I am going to implement in my life… thanks for sharing!

6. Jana Carrero

May 3, 2017 at 6:09 pm

I am really good at giving advice on stress, but not so good at following it myself. Thank you for this reminder. Great post.

7. Chelsea Elizabeth

May 3, 2017 at 6:38 pm

This is so helpful! I love the tip about a to do list. I love lists, they really help to keep me focused and organised which then reduces stress.

8. Quirky Engineer

May 3, 2017 at 6:49 pm

The tip about always keeping things in a notebook is so good! While it simple, there’s some great power in this! Simpyl the act of putting things down somehow reduces anxiety over it since the stressful things don’t seem quite that big anymore. Do you usually maintain different notebooks for different things or just have one massive one?

9. Tonya Wilhelm

May 3, 2017 at 8:23 pm

One problem at a time sounds like a good plan. My to-do lists are too long as it is. lol Great tips.

10. Makeba Giles

May 3, 2017 at 9:56 pm

These are some great tips that you share here! It’s always important to take control of stress, before it takes control of you!

11. Lisa

May 4, 2017 at 12:04 am

I’m an obsessive to-do list maker, so that’s a good way for me to relieve stress. But I definitely need to work on tackling one problem at a time, instead of feeling so overwhelmed by too many at once! Great tips!

12. E. Smith

May 4, 2017 at 1:42 am

These are super helpful and effective tips, some were refreshers for me and a good indication I need to chill out more!

13. Noblandmakeup

May 4, 2017 at 3:02 am

These are actually pretty good ideas. Sometimes we just load our plate with too much, when really we need to take a second and chill out.

May 4, 2017 at 4:49 am

For me .. when I’m under stress I always make sure to up my B vitamins. Makes a huge difference!

15. Jana

May 4, 2017 at 6:57 am

Thank you so much for sharing. Stress has been the worst and hardest thing for me to deal this past year. Although mostly it’s self inflicted, sometimes I can’t control it.

May 4, 2017 at 12:39 pm

I can get stressed quite easily as I have anxiety and I find that taking notes or making lists really help me , especially if I am panicking. It helps me deal with stress effectively x

17. Adam S

May 4, 2017 at 1:21 pm

Thank for your article I am stressed most of the time one way or another!
    I think I will print and keep this one to pin up on my fridge, thank you for the great tips!!

18. MELANIE EDJOURIAN

May 4, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Tackling problems one by one makes it so much more approachable and far less intimidating. It doesn’t help though when you had three children into the equation each with different needs.

19. Rahul Khurana

May 4, 2017 at 2:09 pm

These are some great nice tips to reduce stress. When i am stressed out, i close my room, plug in the earphones and dance. That’s what i do really. I liked your point that we should take down notes and focus on one thing at a time. I have to take note of it. Really nicely written article. 🙂

20. Foteini K

May 4, 2017 at 3:48 pm

I wish it was that easy… I get panic attacks if I get too much stressed out.. Only controling my breathing helps me :/
    ♥ xoxo ♥

21. Nadalie

May 4, 2017 at 5:20 pm

Hey Elena,
    I am all about #1, when I feel like I’m drowning, I just remember that all I can really do is one thing at a time anyways, so focus on that instead.
    Thanks for the encouragement,
    Nadalie,

22. Ola

May 4, 2017 at 7:03 pm

The thing about stress is that you can’t always control your circumstances. The list you’ve provided is great. I know not everyone may agree, but I’d add that being conscious of your spiritual need is a huge stress reliever.

23. August

May 4, 2017 at 10:41 pm

Disconnecting over the weekend and making a to do list every day is honestly the only way I manage to survive!!! Lol. Great tips 🙂

24. Lindsey London Mumma

May 5, 2017 at 2:06 pm

I love how you pointed out the importance of dealing with one thing at a time. If you do not it can become even more stressful for a person to manage.

25. Dustin

May 8, 2017 at 11:09 am

Stress is a killer and can really impact your health. Great tips here to help avoid that

26. Meryland Cuevas

May 12, 2017 at 11:55 pm

Stress is really bad and can harm us! You have good advices, we certainly need to take one thing at a time and give ourselves some me time.

27. Surekha

May 16, 2017 at 3:09 pm

I started doing a lot of the things you mentioned like disconnecting over weekends, taking notes, to do lists. I’ve anxiety so I get stressed with the thoughts itself 😀

28. SeekAndRead

May 22, 2017 at 3:37 pm

Stress is a part of our daily life and we have to deal with it. This article is very informative and helpful.

29. Hena Jose

May 22, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Dealing with stress is not many a times easy. The fact that a person get stressed also means that, that person keeps pondering about the issue, even if they are away at a vacation.

30. Haley Marie

May 22, 2017 at 4:43 pm

So many of these tips are things I have tried and loved for reducing stress! I especially agree that you have to love what you do – if you hate your job of COURSE it is going to be stressful!!

31. Ashley

May 22, 2017 at 4:50 pm

To do lists are my saving grace in stressful situations. Thanks for this advice!
    Much love,