Small Changes To Your Routine That Will Rejuvenate Your Life

Living a routine life may bring satisfaction but do not think that there is not a downside to this. Repetition can breed some bad habits in your lifestyle, and once you realize that they are bad you will find it so difficult to kick them out.

But, the good news is that few changes in your routine can have a huge impact. In this article you can find some hacks you can use to increase your productivity and thus your happiness.

Have a to do list

Always have a reminder of what you need to do for a given day. Make a list the night before so you can be sure that you will not stress out the next day. Make this your routine and you will see that when you wake up in the morning you will know what you have to do so this way you are buying yourself some time. And what is more, you will sleep better knowing that you have taken your thoughts out of your head. This routine is great in the long run, because it lowers your stress.

Cut down on coffee

We know that reading this might bring tears to your eyes, but experts say that an extra cup of coffee will not bring joy to you. Caffeine increases stress hormone, so even if you think that another cup of coffee will help you feel more productive you are wrong. We do not say to cut on caffeine for good, but we are just suggesting you to decrease your daily intake. This routine has benefits on the long run too, you will decrease your tolerance of caffeine.

Drink water first thing in the morning

Drinking water in the morning increases your energy during the day, after all, health and hydration go hand in hand. If you drink water first thing in the morning you will reduce risk of cramps and headaches. Make this another routine of yours. Water has benefits in the long run too, your skin will be better, your digestion will improve and you might lose some weight as well.

Change your desk into a standing desk

It is very bad for the body to sit for a very long time. This is among the worst routines we all have and unfortunately cannot avoid. If you work at desk the whole day, you might want to consider a standing desk. Standing and working will improve your posture and gives you more energy.

In the long run, the most important benefit is losing weight, since while we are standing up we burn more calories.

Do something for you only

In order to be productive sometimes we need to be unproductive. Unproductiveness can be a good routine, but be careful, if you extend your unproductiveness it might take a toll in the long term. So everything you do, do in moderation. We are overwhelmed with tasks so most of the times when we are not working we feel obliged to think about those tasks. The best thing you can do for yourself is to switch off and do something for yourself. You will instantly be more productive and in the long run you will learn to appreciate and enjoy your down time.

READ  Sexting Gone Wrong

Meal prep

Healthy eating is a must do in this hectic life. If you prepare your meals the night before you have the right amount of time to do it. And on the other side you practice mindful eating and you are careful with what you are fueling your body with. When you buy food you always end up buying something unhealthy. This way you are developing a great routine and improving your healthy eating habits and behaviors.

May 27, 2017 at 4:24 pm

Some great tips! Thanks, I love having some of “My” time & less of “Coffee time” these days:)

2. Akamatra

May 27, 2017 at 5:49 pm

I’ve given up coffee years ago and I have tried the standing desk (but that was kinda weird in my office). Great tips overall!

3. Francisca Ramos

May 27, 2017 at 9:31 pm

I do need to write things down. It will help for me to remember things and get it done in a shorter time. I do prep food early in the morning but never tried to prep food the night before. This would help give me relief hectic life. I do need to try your ideas! I feel worn out by the end of night and need a change.

4. Alicia

May 27, 2017 at 10:56 pm

Those are all great changes and I have been trying to limit my coffee intake to one cup a day. 🙂 Thanks!

5. Ashlea

May 28, 2017 at 2:49 am

I don’t drink coffee to often these days but I do drink a soda first thing when I wake up. I am working in changing that habit to drinking water first thing.

6. Amber Pilcher

May 28, 2017 at 5:49 am

I definitely need to drink more water. I know of it’s many benefits and how it increases one’s health.

7. Erlene

May 28, 2017 at 11:07 am

Uh oh, I just started drinking coffee again 🙁 I guess I’ll have to cut back on that and get better at drinking water in the morning.

8. Heather Johnson

May 28, 2017 at 3:21 pm

Going to bed and waking up at the same time help me. I tend to laze around if i do not set an alarm and make myself get up.

9. Chemady

May 28, 2017 at 6:13 pm

It’s due to intake of caffeine while drinking coffee that makes me cut down on drinking it. I do drink a lot of water in the morning before eating.

10. Liz Mays

May 28, 2017 at 7:13 pm

My daughter went to a standing desk not long ago, but I haven’t asked about it. I think that alone would be a HUGE game changer for me.

May 28, 2017 at 8:53 pm

These are very good small changes that can help. I really need to getting into the meal prep thing. It’s not easy for me to remember to make meals. Or I get too easily side tracked. I wish I were better with leftovers as well. But I really need to work on this.

12. Ola

May 29, 2017 at 12:11 pm

By far the hardest thing on this list for me is meal prepping. When I do it though, I feel much more in control -more centered.

13. Brandy

May 29, 2017 at 12:19 pm

These are some super easy to follow tips that I can see helping to rejuvenate your life. I Love the cut down on coffee, but not sure I am ready to do that yet 😉

14. Tina Basu

May 29, 2017 at 1:19 pm

These are great tips in here. I have reduced caffeine considerably

15. Tami

May 29, 2017 at 1:58 pm

This is a well-rounded list I need to implement. I drink too much caffeine and I definitely need some time for just me to keep on going.

16. Kaya

May 31, 2017 at 6:32 am

Some great tips here! I’m not sure I’m ready to give up coffee but will stick to one cup.

17. Brandy Champeau

June 2, 2017 at 11:36 am

Those are great tips. I quit drinking coffee years ago and never looked back. Also, I think that meal prep and freezer cooking has been one of the biggest time savers I could have done.

18. This Life, By Us

June 8, 2017 at 4:31 am

These are great tips! Having a to-do list prepared ahead of time really does help ensure that the day runs smoother!

19. Elizabeth Brico

June 9, 2017 at 9:04 pm

I never used to believe that small things could change our lives in big ways-I though real change could only come from big loud “important” stuff. But I’ve grown to realize that small things make HUGE differences. I love this list! I hope you’ll consider adding this and/or any other posts on healing/recovery to my MH linky, Off-Fridays, that I just opened up for the third week, themed “The Art of Recovery!”