Things You Will Regret When You Get Old

Sometimes we are so busy we do not have time to contemplate about our future. We all want to live the life to the fullest and sometimes we do not realize that there are so many things that we are missing. But at some point we need a future`s perspective to see whether we are on the right path or not. Even if you think that you are not, it is never too late to start over.

Here is a list of simple things that you are probably postponing but you will eventually miss them in the future.

Not traveling enough

Traveling brings a spark in everyone`s life, no matter whether you are an adventurous person or not. Let`s face it traveling gets harder as you get older, so all you need to do right now is to take a small step in that direction.

Being in a bad relationship

Your time is precious so do not waste it with a person that does not help you grow. As you get old, you will only remember the people who had some impact on you and who were there for you when you needed them.

Caring too much about what other people think

Sometimes we lose ourselves just to be someone we are not in other people`s eyes. Stay true to your self and you will realize that you will feel much better that way.

Never taking a big risk in love

READ  Here is Why Your Girlfriend Avoids Being Intimate With You

Take a leap of faith no ate the outcome. Even if you fall flat on your face after that at least you will not regret it when you get old.

Working too hard

We all lead hectic lifestyle and not know how to balance our work and private life. When you get old, you will definitely not wish that you had worked harder. People who are growing old with you will matter more, so do not neglect them over your work.

Not spending time with your kids

Children grow up so fast, so if you are not part of that growth you will for sure regret it when you get old. Play with them, listen to them and invest in their education. you might not be aware, but you have the power to plant the seeds for a brighter future.

1. Carola

April 30, 2017 at 4:42 pm

Great list! It’s so important to live your life to the fullest and have no regrets. I think it’s important to realize it every day. And make choices. Not to see life pass you by. It’s a good thing to make some awesome memories for when you’re older!

May 9, 2017 at 7:50 pm

I used to spend so much time caring what people thought of me because I was worried as to what impression they had of me. But your right, the more time you spend thinking of this the more time you waste x

3. five little doves

May 9, 2017 at 9:26 pm

Yes to all of these! Not spending enough time with the children is the big one for me, that’s why I’m a stay at home mum and why I try to make sure I spend as much time as possible with them. When they are older I hope we can travel more too!

4. Noblandmakeup

May 10, 2017 at 3:26 pm

I’m working on traveling more. I refuse to get old and regret that I didn’t travel when I had the energy to.

May 10, 2017 at 6:21 pm

Yes to not worrying so much about what other people think! This is one I didn’t learn until my forties and it’s truly been liberating. That and spending more time with my children. They live far away so it’s more of an effort, but they always leave me with a huge smile on my face!

6. Dana Vento

May 10, 2017 at 7:07 pm

Everything on the list is true! We should pause for a moment and check ourselves. We must live in the now and enjoy life!

7. Joy

May 11, 2017 at 3:11 am

I like your list! It feels like it speaks personally to me. 🙂 My personal challenge to me this year is make time to travel with family so I save what I could so I could take the kids somewhere special. 🙂

8. MELANIE EDJOURIAN

May 11, 2017 at 10:44 am

I try to balance my work and the children so I do spend time with them as I don’t want to think back and regret it when I am older. I do wish I had travelled more before having them as it’s harder to travel with children and costs so much more.

9. Freya Farrington

May 11, 2017 at 3:20 pm

I don’t mind working hard at my age, if it’s something you enjoy (blogging is my passion!) then I don’t mind it however I’m working on not caring too much about what others thing and the older I get the easier it seems to get!

10. Elizabeth O.

May 12, 2017 at 3:41 pm

Not being able to travel would be something that I would greatly regret. I think it’s really one of the best ways to enjoy and live life!

11. Carol Cassara

May 12, 2017 at 3:41 pm

It’s really important that we live life the way we always wanted because it’s something that we only have one shot at. I think these are spot on.

12. Joanna

May 12, 2017 at 4:33 pm

I believe in one thing regarding regret. And that is that you only regret the opportunities you didn’t take, the things you didn’t do. You will never regret something you did but you will learn from it.

13. Brandi

May 13, 2017 at 5:42 am

This is definitely a great list. I’m waiting for the traveling to come around. Caring too much about what other people think is a real big one!

14. Lucina

May 13, 2017 at 7:23 am

hello!,I like your writing so much! share we communicate more about your post on AOL? I need an expert on this area to solve my problem. Maybe that’s you! Looking forward to see you.

15. Dustin

May 14, 2017 at 5:10 am

Aging can be a difficult process. These are great tips to help make the transition. Traveling is vital! Thanks for these tips.

16. Vera

May 15, 2017 at 4:20 am

I 100% agree with everything you wrote about. I am really tryingmy hardest to live in the moment and enjoy things before they come to pass. People look at me crazy when I preach about overworking and not traveling enouch. I need to refer them to your post so they can get a reality check! We wont be young or alive for ever.

17. Ankit Agarwal

May 15, 2017 at 6:24 pm

wow. this post is a shock I have been avoiding thinking of for a long time now. I started my blog to avoid exactly these kinds of regrets. I hope I will not have them. Gotta work harder in my hustle.