25 Inspiring “Success” Quotes

(Last Updated On: June 9, 2017)

We all want to live a life we are proud of. Success is not one way street but it is a journey where you can have both ups and downs but the most important thing is to never stop trying.

I know that we all have some days when we just want to quit everything but in those hard times we need to find the strength to carry on.

Here are 25 inspiring success quotes that can help you go through some tough times and remind you why you started doing something in the first place.

1. “A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
    — Bob Dylan

1. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    — Winston S. Churchill

1. “I can’t give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”
    — Herbert Bayard Swope

1. “I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
    — Henry David Thoreau

1. “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.”
    — C. Fields

1. “Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.”
    — Albert Einstein

1. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.”
    — Herman Melville

1. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.”
    — Maya Angelou

1. “Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn’t that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you.”
    — Marilyn Monroe

1. “The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.”
    — Bette Midler

1. “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”
    — Winston S. Churchill

1. “Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door. “
    — Coco Chanel

1. “I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.”
    — Abraham Lincoln

1. “Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend’s success.”
    — Oscar Wilde

1. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. “
    — Walt Disney Company

1. “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure. “
    — Mark Twain

1. “We learn from failure, not from success!”
    — Bram Stoker

1. “Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others.”
    — Roy T. Bennett

1. “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.”
    — Theodore Roosevelt

1. “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.”
    — Leonardo da Vinci

1. “There is no secret to success except hard work and getting something indefinable which we call ‘the breaks.”
    — Countee Cullen

1. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.”
    — Robert F. Kennedy

1. “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”
    — Napoleon Hill

1. “Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others.
    Unsuccessful people are always asking, “What’s in it for me?”
    — Brian Tracy

1. “Never stop dreaming,
    never stop believing,
    never give up,
    never stop trying, and
    never stop learning.”
    — Roy T. Bennett

Let us know what your favourite “success” quote is in the comments bellow!

Click for more Inspiring Travel Quotes

BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | TWITTER

1. Fiona

May 16, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Love them all. Fave would be 25

2. Eliza

May 16, 2017 at 1:19 pm

“The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you” – True
    And when u’re trying to be sucessfull noone feels happy for u as well and pulling you down.

3. Nida

May 16, 2017 at 4:23 pm

This very motivating for me i need to apply this in my life “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure” thanks for sharing it made my day

4. sabrina barbante

May 16, 2017 at 5:20 pm

I Add, “A winner is a dreamer who never gave up” 🙂 Nelson Mandela
    I don’t agree with the CocoChanel sentence… but I’m a hard dreamer 😀

5. Harmony, Momma To Go

May 16, 2017 at 5:22 pm

wow what a list! This is an amazing compilation!

6. Bianca Karina

May 16, 2017 at 5:38 pm

Winston Churchill knows how to inspire 🙂

7. tina

May 16, 2017 at 6:17 pm

My favorite has to be Maya Angelou. This article was perfectly timed, with what is happening with my daughter right now. Excellent choices.

8. Nellwyn

May 16, 2017 at 6:28 pm

I love a good collection of quotes like this! #2 is one of my favourites.

9. Leila

May 16, 2017 at 7:37 pm

I love these! This is a great collection! I love motivational and inspirational quotes!! Love!!

10. Jacinta Thomas

May 16, 2017 at 7:46 pm

Beautiful quotes that are so motivating. Lots of little pick me ups for when your feeling overwhelmed, uninspired or unmotivated. Great post.

11. Corey | The Nostalgia Diaries

May 16, 2017 at 9:19 pm

Love these! Try, try again is one of my favorites!

12. Dene' V. Alexander

May 16, 2017 at 9:54 pm

This is such a wonderful collection of success quotes! Great encouragement in such small packages!!

13. Sushmita

May 16, 2017 at 10:01 pm

That’s an amazing and just like the heading suggests, an inspiring list! And, must say beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing 🙂

May 16, 2017 at 10:25 pm

I agree that it is better to fail in originality than it is to fail in imitation. I try and be as authentic and as creative as I can be x

15. Natalee

May 16, 2017 at 11:13 pm

I liked most of these quotes, I will definitely be including some on a project I’m working on. Long term success really comes down to the strength of our mind.

16. maria closetohome

May 16, 2017 at 11:23 pm

This is just what I needed today. Thanks for the inspiration today

17. Nadalie

May 17, 2017 at 12:25 am

I so LOVE any and every Maya Angelou quote. My fav here is, “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” Thanks Maya for reminding me that right here, right now, I am successful.

May 17, 2017 at 3:03 am

“Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it” is my favorite. Admittedly, Maya Angelou is one of my heroes. She was one very cool and terribly wise woman!

19. Natasha

May 17, 2017 at 3:18 am

I love reading through inspiring quotes. I love Churchill quotes. I often use these as inspiration across social media.

20. Sondra Barker

May 17, 2017 at 3:59 am

Love these quotes, I love the first Bob Dylan quote “A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between, he does what he wants to do.”

21. Jesse

May 17, 2017 at 6:16 am

These are amazing quotes. I live by these everyday, thanks for sharing!

22. Erica Schwarz

May 17, 2017 at 10:22 am

I love inspirational quotes like these! Bette Midler’s is a favorite. At my work on a stickie, I have scribbled “Be stronger than your excuses”. Another favorite.

23. Akamatra

May 17, 2017 at 10:51 am

Thank you for reminding me some of my favorite quotes. I need to read them from time to time and remind myself of what matters most. My favorite is the one about liking what you do by Maya Angelou.

24. Katie Kinsley

May 17, 2017 at 11:51 am

If success requires not losing enthusiasm, then I need to work for something that I love to do. It’s hard to get up in the morning when you don’t care about your daily activities.

25. Brandy

May 17, 2017 at 12:41 pm

I really don’t think I could choose just one that is my favorite. I am a huge positive quote addict, these success quotes certainly inspire!

26. Clint Mamuri

May 17, 2017 at 1:58 pm

I love the quote from Bob Dylan. That’s like a person who manages his time so well that he has time for everything he wanna do in life – work and life balance.

27. Tami

May 17, 2017 at 2:51 pm

Several of these quotes really resonate with me. I think #4 and #18 do the most.

28. Oliver

May 17, 2017 at 3:02 pm

You can’t beat an inspiring quote no matter who you are. If you are on your journey to success then it gives you a boost to keep on going, and if you haven’t started then they give you a kick up the backside to get up and start doing things. Thanks for sharing all of these wonderful quotes.

29. sonali jain

May 17, 2017 at 3:13 pm

All these quotes are really Great 🙂 i can’t chose anyone from them!

30. Marissa | Diytified

May 17, 2017 at 3:55 pm

— Oscar Wilde
    Favorite. I get more sympathy from friends when something wrong happens than when something right. It’s odd.

31. Shane Prather

May 17, 2017 at 4:07 pm

Thank you for the motivation to get me through the HumpDay Wednesday slump. Will use these in my captions!

32. jill

May 17, 2017 at 10:40 pm

So inspiring, I love how they all have such different views on success. I love the Bette Midler and Walt Disney quotes the most.

33. Vera

May 18, 2017 at 2:44 pm

I dont think you know how much I needed this. Perfect post to help me power through the rest of the week!

34. Rahul Khurana

May 18, 2017 at 4:49 pm

These quotes are so inspiring. All are true. Loved the 6, 8 and 10th. 🙂

35. MELANIE EDJOURIAN

May 18, 2017 at 6:36 pm

You have some really good inspiring quotes there. Number 25 is great and so is number 10. Although they are all good.

36. Marissa Zurfluh

May 18, 2017 at 7:32 pm

My mother still says number 9 to all of us and our kids to this day.

37. katrina gehman

May 18, 2017 at 7:40 pm

those are great quotes and so true. i love the first one about success.

38. Yaya

May 19, 2017 at 11:20 am

We can all use a positive reminder and these are great quotes. My favourite is the first one by Bob Dylan.

39. chichi

May 22, 2017 at 7:18 am

ah the first one is my moto of the year and i really hope i can accomplish it by the year ends!

40. Surekha

May 22, 2017 at 4:01 pm

Love all of them. Da vinci quote is my favorite

41. Elizabeth Brico

May 29, 2017 at 3:54 am

I love these quotes, and the people who they come from. My favorites I think are the Rumi that led me to this page and the Bob Dylan. I’d love to invite you to add this page (and any other you think fits) to my MH linky on my blog, called “Off-Fridays”..the current theme is “celebrations” and I think this is a beautiful celebration of life and humanity…I would be totally honored if you’d add it to be archived with the others.