Habits That Make a Woman Look Classy

(Last Updated On: June 9, 2017)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Beautiful and stylish women do not possess any super powers that other women do not. They also have to cope with everyday life such as work, kids and stress. The only thing that they do different is that they are simply well prepared.

We keep hearing that men like to be with women who are classy, but have you ever wondered what that actually means? The truth is there is not only one answer to that, and what is worse, women need to possess many qualities to be called “classy”. You need to recognize your flaws and your qualities and work on that first. Being classy is not easy at all. You have to work for it, really work for it.

You do not have to possess wealth, or be the prettiest woman in the world or the best dressed to be defined as being classy.

Here are some things that will help you become different woman and stand  out from the crowd. These things are really simple. Sometimes we forget about them and continue making the same mistakes. So, let`s go through some simple rules and if you need to you can even write this things down.

Always on Time

If you invite guests over do not leave them waiting while you are still in the kitchen preparing the meal or even getting dressed and putting make up.

In case you are invited to an event it is always nice to get there on time. I would say 5 minutes before or late is something that could be accepted.

If you show up on time you will be relaxed and at peace. You won`t be feeling anxious because you were trying to finish another chore in the house and for that reason you are running late.

Do What You Say You Would Do

If you make a promise stay true to it. If you think that you cannot commit to something than do not say that you would. This way you will avoid cat fights, disappointments and making people upset.

Finish What You Started

If you are making dinner do not leave your dishes lying around in the sink. Do them while you are cooking. If you are doing the laundry, fold the clothes and not just leave them in the basket for when you have time. If you start doing one thing, finish it before you move on to the next one.

Work on Your Posture

Avoid slouching at all costs, no matter whether you are sitting or standing. Keep your shoulders straight and your head up.

Hygiene is Everything

By all means shower every day and always wear clean clothes. If you are going to do something where you might get dirty or sweaty, always wear an extra shirt.

Be Well Groomed

A very important thing that everyone notice is woman`s hair. Make sure you have a healthy and well groomed hair.

Makeup

This is not obligatory to be classy, but if you do enjoy putting on makeup, then the natural looking makeup should be your choice. A very strong makeup, or even worse, poorly applied makeup kind of looks cheap.

Dress Modestly

Your clothes do not have to be very expensive to look good. The most important thing when it comes to clothing is to wear clothes that fits you and are wrinkle free.

Say Please and Thank You

Say thank you even if you are asking for someone to pass you the salt and pepper. Having good manners will make you look classy and gracious.

Stay Positive

Always try to look at the brighter side and avoid complaining about everything. You cannot complain constantly about everything because that way you are spreading negative energy.

And in case you are prepared to go the extra mile then these are the things that you can do. Read as much as you can. There is nothing more impressive than a well informed lady. Another part of being classy is to be a conscientious citizen. Do not forget your good manners even if you are in a rush. Let the pedestrians cross when you are driving or let your sit in a public transportation to an elderly or a pregnant woman for instance.

If you are truly committed to being classy then there are a couple of things that you have to forget. I do not know whether I need to point out these things because they are simply a common sense but still there are some women who need to be reminded.

• Do not chew your food loudly
  • Do not chew gum in public places
  • Do not burp
  • Do not roll your eyes
  • Do not swear
  • Do not pick your nose

Habits that make a woman look classy

BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | TWITTER

1. Annika

May 23, 2017 at 8:32 am

What a great read. This is amazing. I totally agree with the points you made. Thank you for sharing.

2. Annika

May 23, 2017 at 8:32 am

This is amazing. I totally agree with the points you made. Thank you for sharing. Its a great read.

3. maria

May 23, 2017 at 2:19 pm

I agree, do what you said you were going to do! if your not sure you can commit to something or someone than don’t. I always try to check my schedule beforehand so I dont have to cancel in the long run. Great tips!

4. carol

May 23, 2017 at 3:39 pm

What a great article! It’s like finishing school online with a modern twist. Thank you so much for posting these commonsense ways to elegance.

5. Chastity

May 23, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Yes for these tips, I am all about fragrance and keep myself looking fabulous with my skin and dress. It’s the little details that showcase the woman. Great post.

6. Lynn Woods

May 23, 2017 at 3:55 pm

Yes! As I was reading your post I could hear my Mom! She would actually make us walk in the house with books on our head. Great post!

7. Neely Moldovan

May 23, 2017 at 3:59 pm

These are great! I was raised very southern so these were things ingrained in me

8. Heather Johnson

May 23, 2017 at 4:09 pm

Aside from wearing makeup (which I do not do) and dressing modestly (which is a concept of personal opinion), everyone could benefit from following some of these rules. Being late is a huge pet peeve of mine in particular!

9. John

May 23, 2017 at 4:12 pm

It really comes down to this. Be considerate of others and don’t try to fit in to any one else’s mold for what you should be.

10. robin rue

May 23, 2017 at 4:26 pm

Being late drives me nuts. I am almost always early when I have to be somewhere. I think it’s so inconsiderate to always be late.

11. Jasmin N

May 23, 2017 at 5:34 pm

Oh what lovely tips! Being on time is such hard thing for me to do for some reason. I’m incredibly organised, but being on time is one of my biggest challenges haha 😀

May 23, 2017 at 6:01 pm

I like to think I am a mix of both. I look classy because of the way I dress and have good manners but at the same time I like to swear and have a potty mouth. It is liberating and I don’t think that there is anything wrong with it 🙂

13. Ashley

May 23, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Love these tips. Classy never goes out of style!
    Much love,
    Ashley | dearash.com

14. Tia Cox

May 23, 2017 at 6:58 pm

I agree with some of these but I don’t think class is so rigid

15. robbie doyle

May 23, 2017 at 8:14 pm

great blog post! I love these habits,I try to practice these on a daily …

16. Tee

May 23, 2017 at 8:23 pm

Great post. Totally agree and love these tips.

17. Helene

May 23, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Wonderful reading! Great tips and so on point. If we respect ourselves and treat other people they way we want to be treated we are half way to look not only classy but beautiful as well!

18. Chemady

May 23, 2017 at 9:47 pm

I found the write-up amazing. Anyway, it’s good to look classy.

19. Saidah Washington

May 23, 2017 at 10:15 pm

My posture is one of my biggest struggles right now. Working on a computer and from digital devices my head is always bend forward and my back is curved.

20. Analesha

May 23, 2017 at 10:16 pm

There are some great tips in here and I agree for the most part. I don’t agree with the makeup point however as I find too much makeup to be trashy and sometimes people are more confident with no makeup.

May 24, 2017 at 1:48 am

Absolutely great read! positivity means so much! Its not just the makeup which we should do & yes follow so mnay other pointers you share to look classy!

22. Nora

May 24, 2017 at 7:19 am

What an interesting read! I have often heard people calling someone classy but I have never knew what’s the exact definition for that is. I agree with you that being classy sure includes good hygiene, grooming and behaving nicely in every occasion. 🙂

23. Prerna Garg

May 24, 2017 at 7:31 am

I loved reading this and I think barring makeup, all these aspects are equally important for men to keep in mind too!

24. Jigyasa

May 24, 2017 at 7:31 am

Wow 🙂
    Such simple steps to improve the quality and style of life. Amazing read <3

25. Karoliina Kazi

May 24, 2017 at 7:40 am

Fantastic read and great pointers! Positivity, kindness and confidense all the way.

26. kittylimon

May 24, 2017 at 8:04 am

I think that being on time, being well groomed and being positive are great life lessons, although what is classy to some may not be to others I think the most important thing is to be true to yourself 🙂

27. Brandy

May 24, 2017 at 12:28 pm

What a wonderful list of ways a woman can look classy and be classy without much effort. I love this list because being a classy lady matters for respect, feeling good and confident!

28. Nadalie

May 24, 2017 at 2:30 pm

So interesting. I’m having mixed feelings about this. Part of me things the whole woman should be this way and not that way is the patriarchy controlling women. BUT, on the other hand, I do also agree haha. What can I say, it’s complicated. LOVE those quotes too.

So funny we both wrote about habits this week,
    Nadalie, It’s All You Boo
    NEW POST: How to Automate Your Success with Good Habits

29. CourtneyLynne

May 24, 2017 at 4:09 pm

Omg love this!!!! I love that you added things that aren’t physical too!!!! Those are the things most people pay attention the most!

30. Annemarie LeBlanc

May 24, 2017 at 4:44 pm

Thank you for these tips. They are all really going to make a woman look effortlessly elegant. Oh my God, I cannot believe there are still women who burp and pick their nose in public!

31. Sheri

May 24, 2017 at 6:20 pm

These are great tips and a great list. I mostly like and agree with do what you say you will do, keep commitments and respect time. Very essential.

32. Tina Basu

May 24, 2017 at 8:06 pm

That is a wonderful list, I agree with most of them

33. Carol Cassara

May 25, 2017 at 7:52 am

I think these are habits that everyone should have, not just women. I like it when people are committed to what they do and if they finish what they started. It’s a good habit to have. I definitely like this list!

May 25, 2017 at 9:05 am

A couple that really hit home for me are being on time and saying please and thank-you. I think both are signs of respect for others, which to me is another sign of a classy woman!

35. My Teen Guide

May 25, 2017 at 2:10 pm

I love this post. Classy women pay attention to hygiene and good grooming. They are generous with their “thank yous” and respect others’ time by keeping their appointments and showing up on time. Classy and elegant is not about clothes.

36. jamie

May 25, 2017 at 2:57 pm

I definitely agree with all these points and my favorite is to always be on time!

37. Kerry May

June 11, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Yes it is nice to do some of things, but I don’t feel we should ‘have’ to, always better to just be yourself and if people don’t like it…tough!

38. Ngumabi

June 11, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Such an amazing post
    I love these tips! Got to start practising some
    N’Graffi

39. Margaret

June 11, 2017 at 4:20 pm

Great post, and I totally agree with a lot of these. I think that having a positive attitude and mindset especially help people to seem “classier” among other things. I think many people aspire to be like those with positivity seeping out of their pores.

40. Glenna

June 11, 2017 at 4:36 pm

Oh geez! I am so far from classy that it makes me cry. Okay, really just two things. 1. I struggle with being on time (but I swear I am working on it). And 2. I do not always wear makeup, but I feel that I do not need it everyday lol! Thank you for sharing, I do agree with these tips on how Classy Ladies act. 🙂

41. Patricia

June 11, 2017 at 8:03 pm

I agree, especially on the one about doing what you promised. Doing what you promised shows that you have integrity and quite honestly, class! Also, it is a good practice to be on time, though sometimes I have the opposite problem–I’m too early sometimes, because being late makes me extra anxious! :\

42. sandra

June 13, 2017 at 1:33 am

coco channel had it correct! I enjoyed reading your article and of course loved the quotes you used.