Beginner`s Guide to Visiting Vienna

(Last Updated On: June 9, 2017)

This post contains affiliate links

When it comes to Vienna, you should forget all those “24 or 48 hours in Vienna” Itineraries. Vienna is not just a city you should check on your bucket list, it is a place that is so diverse so you would need at least 4 or 5 days to see some of the most popular landmarks.

Vienna has a lovely historic center so you can just walk around and admire the beautiful architecture and the crowds, because no matter when you are visiting it is always crowded there.

Getting Around

It is impossible to get lost in Vienna because there is one ring road that surrounds the city center. There are some landmarks on different sides of Vienna so if you do not feel like walking you can buy a Vienna Card for 24, 48 or 72 hours and you can use it for all public transport.

Things to See

There are so many places that you can see in Austria`s Capital but his is a list of my favourite ones.

1. Hofburg

2. Volksgarten

3. Vienna Stadtpark

4. Schönbrunn Palace & Gardens

vienna

5. Belvedere Palace

6. Karlskirche – St. Charles’s Church

7. St. Stephen`s Cathedral

8. The Parliament Building

9. Vienna City Hall – Rathaus

10. Hundertwasser House

Things To Do

Time Travel Magic History Vienna Hour

Time Travel Vienna is something that you should not miss. You can find out about the history of Vienna in an entertaining way. You can find the place easily and the tours start every 20 minutes. The highlight for me was the Viennese Waltz Ride and the 5D Cinema.

Where to Stay

Since Vienna is among top tourist destinations there is a never shortage of good accommodation. I would suggest you to go to Booking.com and you can find the right one for you. I always use them when I travel because there are lots of reviews so you can see whether a certain place is the right fit for you. If you are planning a trip to Vienna you can check availability here:

We are heading to Bratislava and until then Pin the Beginner`s Guide to Visiting Vienna and spread the word:

Beginner`s Guide to Visiting Vienna

BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | TWITTER

1. Nicole

May 31, 2017 at 3:42 pm

Nice photos ruined by people photobombing them

2. Amrita

June 5, 2017 at 12:51 pm

Volksgarten, palaces, and gardens are my favorite.I loved all your pictures and description.Magical Vienna

3. Ola

June 5, 2017 at 3:00 pm

I desperately wanted to visit Vienna the last time I was in Italy, but just didn’t have the time. After reading this post I’m SO glad I didn’t rush, since I would have missed so much! The outdoor theater and the time travel attractions look amazing. Thank you for this post

4. Michelle Paige

June 7, 2017 at 1:39 am

Your photos are beautiful! I’d absolutely love to visit Vienna one day. I totally know what you mean about it not being a 24-48 hour city to visit. I would want to spend a good week or so!
    xo Michelle | She’s Not So Basic

June 7, 2017 at 3:58 am

I know that I have wanted to visit Vienna for a long long time. They have so many different amazing places there. The Stadt Gardens looked beautiful and the statues incredible. I will have to make it there soon.

6. hal

June 7, 2017 at 2:33 pm

what was the food like there? and prices compared to the uk ?

7. Lindsey London Mumma

June 7, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Vienna looks beautiful, we are actually heading their nexrt year, so this could not of come at a better time.

8. MELANIE EDJOURIAN

June 7, 2017 at 3:56 pm

Vienna looks so lovely. It’s somewhere I haven’t had a chance to visit just yet. Looks like there is plenty to do and see there which is good.

9. eazynazy

June 7, 2017 at 8:20 pm

OMG i loved your pictures and This place is so beautiful. Am gonna put this on my bucket list now

10. Rose Sahetapy

June 7, 2017 at 10:13 pm

For years Vienna is on my bucket list, yet I still don’t have a chance to visit the city! I bookmark your post as it has full valuable information! Your pictures are stunning!

June 7, 2017 at 11:02 pm

Our neighbors went to Vienna last year and haven’t stopped talking about how wonderful it was. If we’re ever lucky enough to follow in their footsteps, I’d so love to see St Stephen’s Cathedral and take a time travel tour. My husband loves history. ps: beautiful photos!

12. Alice

June 8, 2017 at 4:05 am

Love this gorgeous place here. Nice that you shared this wonderful adventure of yours in Vienna!

13. ellie

June 8, 2017 at 1:55 pm

Your photos look amazing! Vienna is so beautiful! Something about the architecture. So glad you had a great vacation there!

14. liz Cleland

June 8, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Everything seems so royal there! I would love to visit here and it has been on our bucket list for oh sooo long!!! Great resource fro travelers, thanks!

15. five little doves

June 8, 2017 at 4:22 pm

Vienna is on our list of places to visit, has been for quite some time. There is so much to see and do, your photos are amazing. One day I’ll get there!

16. Agnes

June 9, 2017 at 5:04 am

OMG, Vienna is gorgeous! This is definitely a place I would love to visit. The buildings are beautiful

17. Catvills

June 9, 2017 at 8:29 am

Vienna is a dream destination. I love the beautiful architecture of the buildings. Everywhere you look is so pristine! I wish I could visit soon.

18. Kim

June 10, 2017 at 10:21 am

Love this, I’ve always wanted to go to vienna, the architecture is stunning I can only imagine all the photo ops!