Top Things to Experience in Disneyland Paris

(Last Updated On: August 13, 2017)

Many people would say that the most important attraction in Paris is the Eiffel tower, I would agree to that to some point. But, I have been to Paris couple of times and I have seen the Eiffel tower, I took some photos and that is enough for me. I wouldn`t like to go there again since Paris is so much more than one metal tower.

So, on my last trip I had something else on mind, Disneyland Paris. This is an amusement park that is about 32 km from the center of Paris.

How to get to Disneyland Paris

We arrived at Charles de Gaulle Airport and thanks to T2Transfer we were at Disneyland Paris in no time. This amusement park is amazing. There are actually 2 parks there which offer different activities so you need time to cover them both. I have learned th hard way that time is priceless and once you go somewhere new you should not waste your time at all. For this reason I pre booked a car that will pick us up at the airport and take us to our destination. I highly recommend this company and if you want to learn how to book taxi or check the prices you can do it here. They offer a ride from all 3 airports in Paris and from other places in Paris as well. We also used their services to get to the city 2 days later and to the airport again when our trip was over. You can reserve your ride here on this link.

Things to do in Disneyland Paris

Even though I am in my thirties I am a huge fan of Disney. I grew up with his cartoons and even now I include some of Disney`s stories in my class. So you can only imagine my thrill when I went to explore the park.

Here are some of the top things you should experience in Disneyland Paris.

Phantom Manor

I love haunted houses and I have been to some of them but I do not think that I will go inside one again. I have heard that this one is not that scary, but still why risk it? I liked the house in general because it does look creepy on the outside, especially during the night.

The Parade

The parade is probably the best part of the whole Disneyland experience where you can get close to your childhood heroes. This park is a bit smaller than the one in Orlando , but this is a good thing because you can come closer to the characters. The parade is around 5.30 pm but I would advise you to get there a bit earlier and find the perfect spot because it can be really crowded.

READ  15 Cities You Have to Visit in Italy

The Rides

My favourite rides in this park are the Pirates of the Caribbean and the Thunder Mountain Railroad. Visiting the park and not enjoying the rides does not make any sense.  I was surprised to find out that some of the rides are actually hidden inside the buildings. It is nothing like 6 Flags where you hear people screaming or a crowd waiting in line.

The Fireworks

The fireworks in Disneyland are spectacular. For this reason I wanted to spend at least 2 days in Disneyland. The thing is, it gets dark really late during the summer time so the fireworks start somewhere after 11.

Where to stay

If you want to have a full experience and to cover everything that the park has to offer then you need to find accommodation in the park or close to the park. There are luxurious hotels and affordable ones as well. So depending on your budget you can find the right one for you. Check TripAdvisor and Booking.com where you can find the best deals and read honest reviews from travelers.

One perk if you stay in a hotel on the Disneyland site is that you will have the opportunity to get in the parks earlier than other visitors.

Extra Tips: There are no lockers inside the park so do not carry a big bag with you.

There are drinking fountains in the park so if you carry a small bottle with you, you can fill it up and save some money.

Some of the restaurants in the Disney Village have Happy Hours. This might not come as a surprise, but some of them offer kids meals, so you might want to check for that.

This is a sponsored post but all opinions are my own.

READ  12 Things you Shouldn`t Miss in Madrid

Top Things to Experience in Disneyland Paris

1. Heather

August 9, 2017 at 5:51 am

I’ve only been to the Disney parks in the United States, but I would adore the opportunity to see them all. Disneyland Paris looks like my next Disney destination

2. Familyearthtrek

August 21, 2017 at 10:10 am

To be honest Disney parks has never been on my list but ever since I got my daughter Ive start to think of it…only thinking and not yet decided! I am sure she will have a great time no doubt about that…but I know she would have a great time doing something else to. My problems is the money and the crowds. I am not sure spending that money on a single day is worth it (not judging I don like spending money by nature). But if she start to ask about it I guess we will have to take her there.

3. luzel

August 21, 2017 at 3:23 pm

I have been here but I was too young to remember. This did jog a few memories though! thanx for sharing

4. Candy Rachelle

August 21, 2017 at 4:02 pm

You know, I’ve been to Paris once before and plan on visiting again. I’ve never once thought about visiting Disneyland there. Thank you so much for reminding me!

5. Sophie

August 21, 2017 at 8:10 pm

I’m going to Disneyland Paris in October, so this was the perfect read to prepare for that trip! Thank you for the tips.

6. five little doves

August 21, 2017 at 8:41 pm

I LOVE Disneyland Paris, it really is the most magical of places and we had the time of our lives there. I cant wait to go back!

7. Erica Schwarz

August 21, 2017 at 8:52 pm

We live close to Disney Orlando and have been so many times, but to go in PARIS would truly be special. Funny that the rides you mention (Pirates and Big Thunder mountain) are ones in Orlando too!

8. Cassie

August 21, 2017 at 8:54 pm

I’ve only been to LA and Orlando Disney’s but when it comes to Disney, I’m sure you are in for a treat wherever you are! Would love to visit here one day!

9. jin

August 21, 2017 at 8:56 pm

This is a well-organized and well-detailed post on Paris Disneyland! Love how you made it easy to read and follow. I’ve been to Paris many times, but have yet to check out the Disney there!

10. Paola

August 21, 2017 at 9:00 pm

Oh this us a very good little guide and looking at the pictures, it seems you had a very nice time. Never been there , hopefully soon!

11. ChrissyAdventures

August 21, 2017 at 9:48 pm

Should I ever make it to Paris, this is definitely on my list. I’ve been to Disney in Florida, but who can ever get enough Disney in their life? Not me!

12. Afroz

August 21, 2017 at 9:50 pm

I was in Paris in March, two best things of Paris is Night tour and Disneyland.
    I really loved the Parade and light and fireworks show.

13. Zoran Stankovic

August 21, 2017 at 9:57 pm

Would love to visit here one day!But to go in Paris would truly be special!

14. Our Family World

August 22, 2017 at 12:06 am

I’d love to visit Paris. A true romantic destination! But then of course, if I have the kids with me, it will be a family vacation and that would mean a trip to Disneyland Paris. Thanks for the information and tips of what Disneyland Paris has to offer. I am bookmarking this site for reference. 🙂

15. Shannon

August 22, 2017 at 12:49 am

Reading this brings back so many memories! I had the pleasure of visiting once over 20 years ago.

16. Scott

August 22, 2017 at 2:00 am

I would love to be able to go there someday! And then to the one in Hong Kong!

17. Tifanee

August 22, 2017 at 2:43 am

This is only the second time I’ve heard of Disneyland Paris. I had no idea there was on there! And I love Paris. I think it would be worth going because it’s Disney! I’ve only been to the Disney theme park in Orlando and I loved it!

18. Oyinkan

August 22, 2017 at 2:55 am

Disneyland Paris must be a dream. I feel like it’s probably even more beautiful than the one in the states.

19. lexi

August 22, 2017 at 2:56 am

I’m not a big Disneyland fan. But would love to check out Disneyland Paris!

20. laurie beth

August 22, 2017 at 3:36 am

I am a Disneyland FANATIC. We are actually going tomorrow. It is a dream to go to the one in Paris! So fabulous!

21. Aditi

August 22, 2017 at 4:08 am

I have been to Paris but didn’t go to the Disneyland there as I have been to the one in Tokyo and that’s huge, plus I’ve gone to the Tokyo one multiple times. Hence, I was not really keen on doing Disneyland in Paris. Your post is really informative for anyone who’s planning for this one. 🙂

22. Cynthia

August 22, 2017 at 6:29 am

I’m also in my 30’s but I’m sure I’d also had a blast exploring the park! My first stop would be the Phantom Manor!

23. Michelle Leslie

August 22, 2017 at 8:40 am

Ahhhh that’s looks like so much fun Elena. I’ve only been to Disney in the States, but going to Paris and visiting Disney Land at the same time seems like such a good idea and a little surreal at the same time 😉

24. Made Adayasa

August 22, 2017 at 9:35 am

I’ve been in franch long time ago when I was working on the ship . But never been to Paris , this Paris Disney land look Ann amazing place to visit .

25. Lois Alter Mark

August 22, 2017 at 12:27 pm

I’m going to save this to use when I finally get there! I love Disneyland and think it would be fascinating to visit the one in Paris. It would so weird to hear the characters speaking French!

26. Sandra Negron

August 22, 2017 at 12:43 pm

OMG! I love disney and the paris one looks amazing! I need to put this on my bucket list to go one day.

27. Amrita

August 22, 2017 at 1:05 pm

I would love to ride the Thunder Mountain Railroad. .The parade sounds amazing too .Great tips for the Paris Disneyland.

28. Tanvi Rastogi

August 22, 2017 at 1:15 pm

I cannot wait to go back to Paris and check out Disneyland there. Your pictures look great.
    ❥ tanvii.com

29. Deepa

August 22, 2017 at 1:59 pm

I loved the pictures and this looks like so much fun. We have been to Disney World in Florida when my elder one was 4. It was too much fun.

30. Vanessa

August 22, 2017 at 2:54 pm

It’s on my list of places to go to with my kid. Thanks for the reminder 😉

31. Sue Tanya McHorgh

August 22, 2017 at 2:58 pm

I’ve never been to Paris before but i have heard all good things 🙂 Disneyland Paris looks like the place to be.

32. Krystal // The Krystal Diaries

August 22, 2017 at 4:48 pm

Disneyland Paris looks like such a cool place but I’ve never been to the ones here in Florida or California so I don’t know if I’d ever visit the one in Paris while I’m there.

33. Hey Sharonoox

August 22, 2017 at 10:43 pm

I’ve never been to any Disneyland yet but this one sounds like fun. I would love to go there someday with my family. It’s going to be fun.

34. Helen

August 22, 2017 at 10:44 pm

Disneyland Paris is somewhere I have always wanted to go. It’s just such a magical place no matter how old you are. I love that there are water fountains there, id not heard about that before. The haunted house does look so creepy!

35. Eloise

August 23, 2017 at 3:30 am

I’ll keep this in mind for when I can take my kids there! I love all of your tips (especially the TIME part!) What a great experience! (love the photos!)

36. Samantha

August 23, 2017 at 6:12 am

When I think of going to Paris (hopefully I’ll get to in the near future!), going to Disneyland isn’t the first thing I think of. It sounds like so much fun. I’ve been to Disney World once when I was a teen. I loved the parade & fireworks. I think I’ll have to add Disneyland Paris to my list of things to do!

37. AnnMarie John

August 23, 2017 at 2:43 pm

WOW! I was there last year and absolutely loved it! It’s one of my favorite Disneylands to date and I’d love to go back with the whole family this time. It’s definitely a must to go there if you’re ever in Paris!

38. Tiffany VanSickle

August 23, 2017 at 6:31 pm

I didn’t even know there was a Disneyland Paris! If we ever go to Paris we’ll definitely have to check it out!

August 23, 2017 at 8:26 pm

We call it the haunted mansion here but I am sure it’s just as fun or even more there in Paris. I would love to go to the Haunted Manor. And I would love to see what they do with the parades in Paris as well.

40. Ellie

August 24, 2017 at 1:20 am

Itay be an unpopular opinion and I may be in the minority here but I’ve never had any desire to go to Disney and yet I love Disney movies. It just always seems so crowded and hectic, I like my vacations to be chilled and relaxing as a time away from work but maybe when I have little ones who want to go I’ll feel different. Really glad you had a great time though! Your photos look great!

41. Anamika Ojha

August 24, 2017 at 4:30 am

I’m a theme park addict and have been to only Walt Disney World in Orlando! But I want to see all the Disney Parks across the world!

42. Brandi H

August 24, 2017 at 6:04 am

Oh my! What I would give to visit this place. The Phantom Manor looks really neat. I may put this on my bucket list of places to visit.

43. Борка Шаула

August 24, 2017 at 8:30 am

I’ve never been to Paris so Eiffel tower would be such an excitement for me! Disneyland is something like Wonderland for Alice. I can’t imagine someone being sad in Disneyland, and I agree, I would love to be on one of the rides. Perhaps the Pirates from the Caribbeans one, because I love those movies so much.

44. Sheri

August 24, 2017 at 11:53 am

I love Paris and since we a just a little jump away from Vienna we are very lucky to be able to visit when we want. I love Disney too and can”t wait till we can go with our little one.

45. Via Bella

August 24, 2017 at 12:44 pm

So being from America, I didn’t realise that they had Disneyland around the world. How crazy is it that I never realised that? That being said, if I go to Paris, I may just check this out! Thanks for sharing!
    XO Via Bella Blog

46. kristal

August 24, 2017 at 3:53 pm

I have not been to Disney in Paris but I heard it was nice. I live in Florida so I am surrounded by that stuff.

47. Courtney

August 24, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Omg Disneyland Paris is definitely on my bucket list!! I have been to FL, CA and Tokyo!!!

48. Nik G.

August 24, 2017 at 5:28 pm

Okay, how about I had no idea Paris had a Disney Land?! Your photos are lovely, and I too am a big Disney fan. Though, I’ve only been to Disney World in Florida. Love it.

49. Elizabeth O

August 25, 2017 at 8:43 am

Lovely photos. Visiting happy places makes you feel happy too. I love Paris and I love Disney Land as well. And this is a perfect tour.

50. Sunshine

August 25, 2017 at 2:48 pm

I’ve been planning to go to Paris and would check this out too! Thanks for sharing😀

51. Kiwi

August 25, 2017 at 3:36 pm

Bucketlist goals in Life is to try all of the Disneylands! I would love to do Paris but also Toyko!

52. Alicia P

August 25, 2017 at 4:14 pm

Haven’t been to Disneyland Paris, but it looks lovely! Have only been to the ones in the U.S.

53. Rosaleen Marmion

August 25, 2017 at 4:18 pm

Oh my goodness, i really want to go now.
    My little girl is nearly 1 so i’ll use her as an excuse haha!
    Great post!

54. Tiffany

August 25, 2017 at 5:42 pm

I really want to visit disneyland paris, it looks incredible! I imagine it’s so magical there x

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

55. Kerri

August 25, 2017 at 7:34 pm

It’s so fun to see how many similarities there are between Paris Disneyland and Disneyworld in Florida!

56. Helene

August 25, 2017 at 10:11 pm

Your photos are so lovely! I’m a huge Disney fan so it is with shame that I admit that I’ve never been to Disneyland… I really need to go someday:) I don’t like roller coasters though, so that might be an issue… it does look super fun, thanks for all the useful advice! I’m glad you enjoyed it☺️☺️

57. Sara

August 25, 2017 at 11:11 pm

Oh my goodness, it’s been too many years since I did Disney in Paris! Would love to take my children some day soon – the parade is always the absolute highlight for me!

58. Marie

August 26, 2017 at 6:07 am

This is like the absolute guide. We are planning a big trip to Disneyland Paris and I’m going to feel like an absolute maniac when I pull this guide out. Great post,love it.

59. sonali jain

August 26, 2017 at 3:21 pm

Beautiful and Lovely photos. Visiting happy places makes you feel happy. Would love to visit one day, Thanks for sharing!

60. Ching

August 26, 2017 at 4:34 pm

I am pretty sure I am subscribed to your blog 🙂 I have visited the Disneyland in CA of course, numerous times since I am only in Las Vegas, but I have always wanted to visit this location, Thanks for sharing your photos! They make me want to go even more. I love Disneyland!!!

61. Erin R Creeks

August 26, 2017 at 7:57 pm

I forget that there is a Disney in Paris. I wonder if they feature some of the typical foods in the US or if its specif to Paris. Either way these attractions looks so fun, and of course it’s in Paris so its got to be great.

62. Jeuelle

August 27, 2017 at 12:20 am

My girls love Disney and my oldest daughter has a goal to visit every Disney park in the world. I’ve got my work cut out for me! Thanks for sharing these tips!

63. Wendie

August 27, 2017 at 9:42 pm

I love Paris, I need to go to Disney for sure!

64. Ana Ojha

August 29, 2017 at 3:18 am

This is such a great guide! I have only been to Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL but would love to visit Disneyland in Paris someday in my life!