35 Most Beautiful Places in Italy

(Last Updated On: September 9, 2017)

This post contains affiliate links

I am getting ready for my trip to Italy and you have no idea how excited I am. Unfortunately my trip will be short and I will visit Milan, Genoa, Portofino and Rapallo only this time. I will try to make the most of my day trips to these amazing places. The good thing is that they are all small so I can walk all day long and I will probably manage to cover the most of it. I will make a list of priorities before I leave for sure.

For that reason I thought it would be a great idea to day dream a bit and check some of the most beautiful places in Italy. This turned out to be a difficult task since Italy is a land that has a lot to offer so finding only 35 took me some time.

Dolomites

Santa Maria del Fiore, Florence

San Galgano, Tuscany

Saint Angelos Bridge

Frasassi Cave

The Vatican

Where to stay in Italy

If you are planning a trip to one of these beautiful places you can check availability on Booking.com since this is the best and the most reliable website that I always use for finding accommodation.

Another great option is to rent a place through Airbnb. You can find great rooms and apartments since there are a lot of great options. You can use this code to get $27 free AirBnb credit.

Inspired? Pin this for later:

35 Most Beautiful Places in Italy

Have you been to Italy before? What do you think of these places? Would you add anything else to this list?

You might also like:

10 Things to See In Paris What to see in Nuremberg

1. Emma - Life According to MrsShilts

September 25, 2017 at 1:38 pm

What a fantastic round up of beautiful places to visit in Italy. I haven’t yet been to Italy but it’s definitely on my bucket list, so many wonderful places to choose from.

2. Ithfifi

September 25, 2017 at 2:20 pm

Amazing post! I’ve never been to Italy but its high on my wishlist, higher after seeing your post. Your photo’s are incredible, literally like something from a book or postcard! Out of all the gorgeous places you’ve shared I can not just pick one I’d like to visit the most.. goals!!

3. Michelle Leslie

September 25, 2017 at 2:22 pm

I would have had a hard time finding only 35 beautiful places too 😉 You are going to love Italy Elena. The people are vibrant and passionate and friendly, the food is to die for and the rich culture and history is beyond compare.

4. Aditya

September 25, 2017 at 2:32 pm

OOoooooh One ticket to Italy Please.(Jake Peralata Stylez saying). May I say these are really good. But how can I cover Italy even with 2 days? But yes they all look awesome. If I ever got a girlfriend, will she like all of those? Cos I liked it especially Capri, I wanted to go there.

5. Mary Elizabeth

September 25, 2017 at 3:31 pm

Oh my! These places are so beautiful! I have always dreamt of visiting Italy. Maybe one of these days. Thanks for sharing!

6. Joanna

September 25, 2017 at 4:49 pm

I am actually going to Italy at the end of the week and I am planning on discovering many beautiful villages from Tuscany. I will definitely go to Cinque Terre as well and visit Vernazza.

7. Star harford

September 25, 2017 at 4:57 pm

The only Italian place I have been to is Venice and it was quite lovely. I would like to go to Rome though and some of the places you have chosen are beautiful. We often use AirBnB but have stopped using booking.com due to being booked into hotels a couple of times and getting there and finding there was no room.

8. Karyn Locke

September 25, 2017 at 5:29 pm

Italy has been on my travel bucket list for so long. Thank you for the push to make it happen!

9. hannah Wood

September 25, 2017 at 5:49 pm

I have never been I know and I should as on your pictures and what you say I am missing out for sure.

10. Jen S

September 25, 2017 at 6:01 pm

I’d love to visit Italy one day! Just for the food if nothing else haha. I never knew many of those places existed! There’s such a beautiful mix of historical architecture and nature. In my mind Italy has always been more of an urban/historic vacation spot and I didn’t know there were so many mountains or even such a gorgeous cave!

11. Amber Myers

September 25, 2017 at 7:27 pm

All of these places look stunning. I hope to make it to Italy some day. I won’t lie, I’m mostly excited to pig out on the food!

12. Tori

September 25, 2017 at 7:28 pm

Italy is so stunning – I’ve visited Rome, Florence, Venice, Sorrento and Sirmione on Lake Garda. I also did a day trip to Lake Iseo and I’ve got to say it’s just as stunning! Gorgeous places! Enjoy your upcoming trip!

13. Sarah Bailey

September 25, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Italy really is such a beautiful country, I would love to visit one day and these photos just leave me wondering quite where would I start.

14. Eloise

September 25, 2017 at 8:18 pm

first off, Bravo on the photos, they are absolutely stunning! I have always wanted to go to Italy… It’s actually not too far from my birth place, Nimes France. I can’t wait to be able to travel more, I’ll stop in France then Italy, and of course Greece and Spain (let’s just say the whole dang Europe continent!)

15. Cassie

September 25, 2017 at 10:30 pm

All of these photos make me want to pack a bag and head straight for the airport! So many breathtaking locations to visit! All going on the list

16. Melanie

September 25, 2017 at 10:32 pm

I am just planning a break away soon hopefully to Italy so this is perfectly timed

17. Jules

September 25, 2017 at 10:32 pm

So many beautiful places! I’ve only been to Milan to see the Duomo but I would love to go back to Italy to see some of these places.

18. five little doves

September 25, 2017 at 10:35 pm

I literally want to visit every single place on this list. Infact I’m going to save it as my tick list for future trips!

19. gem

September 26, 2017 at 1:04 am

Amazing post and photos! I want to go back! Enjoy your trip!

20. Maria

September 26, 2017 at 1:36 am

Wow! These photos are simply gorgeous Italy is truly amazing. It’s on my travel wish list, I hope to visit in the near future. thank you for sharing, this is very helpful.

21. Joline

September 26, 2017 at 1:48 am

Each place is stunning! Amalfi is on our shortlist for next year. Though I must say Lake Como looks straight out of a fairy tale! Have a wonderful trip!

September 26, 2017 at 2:12 am

I agree 100% with you.I covered Italy last year and most of the places you’ve mentioned were covered. Italy is magical, with a lovely history, architecture. religion, beaches, grasslands, landscapes, it boasts of all.

23. Shell

September 26, 2017 at 3:43 am

Your photographs are stunning and absolutely gorgeous!! I dream to visit here one day.. it’s definitely on my bucket list..

24. Lois Alter Mark

September 26, 2017 at 3:49 am

OMG Every single photo is more beautiful than the one before! Italy is one of my favorite countries – it’s gorgeous, the people are great and the food is just incredible. Now I’m ready to plan another trip there!

25. Shibani

September 26, 2017 at 4:05 am

I can feel how excited you are as I’m desperate to see Italy from a long time and it tops my bucket list!! Love all the pictures, each one is gorgeous, and hope I’ll able to visit few of them!! Pinning your post!!

26. Tanvi Rastogi

September 26, 2017 at 5:59 am

I have not been back in Italy for over a decade. Your pictures makes me want to jump on a plane and head there now.
    ❥ tanvii.com

27. Elizabeth

September 26, 2017 at 6:02 am

I was lucky enough to visit Lake Garda this summer and fell in love with the place. You must like it too as you’ve listed it twice! 😀

28. Charlotteq

September 26, 2017 at 6:08 am

I had no idea most of these stunning places existed! Looks like our bucket list has just gotten longer!

29. Khushboo

September 26, 2017 at 6:14 am

Italy is a traveller’s and a foodies dream come true! I would love to visit all the beautiful places you have listed 🙂

30. Terri Beavers

September 26, 2017 at 7:06 am

I want to see every single one of these places one day. I’ve yet to make it to Italy but it’s #1 on my bucket list. I’d start with Matera because I’ve never seen a place like that with buildings like that.

31. June

September 26, 2017 at 7:32 am

Ugh you make me want to pack my bag, book a flight and just go haha I can’t wait to visit all these places someday. Thank you for this awesome post ♥

32. Susan R

September 26, 2017 at 8:21 am

Italy could well be my favourite country – so many beautiful places! I’ve been to the Amalfi Coast but never Capri so want to visit there and also Puglia

33. Kate

September 26, 2017 at 8:28 am

So many amazing places. I’d love to go to Lake Garda one day.

34. Nabeha

September 26, 2017 at 8:49 am

Wish to visit one day!

35. Rhian Westbury

September 26, 2017 at 9:14 am

I absolutely love Italy, it’s such a stunning place and I’d love to visit all these places. I’m going to Ischia next week and then Rome and Venice in November and I can’t wait x

36. Patrick

September 26, 2017 at 9:20 am

Never been to Italy but my did did and she said she always wanted to take me there. Then life happened.

37. Cynthia

September 26, 2017 at 9:55 am

They all look magnificent, but if I have to choose, I’ll pick Dolomites, Matera and Lake Como, especially this last one, looks like a fairytale! I’ve never been really interested in Italy as all the show is the Vatican and such, and that is not really interesting to me, but I see there is more to Italy than one might think!

38. Dada

September 26, 2017 at 10:26 am

Every place on that list is beautiful! I have been doing some interrailing twice in Italy but as you know it is never enought time to explore the beautiful Italy! I wish you a great trip in Italy and looking forward to read your italy posts!

39. Ana Ro

September 26, 2017 at 10:49 am

Fantastic photography! Makes me wanna go everywhere. And it’s just so hard to say which places I like best in Italy. Both North and South are equally (though so differently) beautiful.

40. Allison

September 26, 2017 at 12:18 pm

Just stunning! I visited Rome as a high schooler and I’m dying to take my family back to all of these different, beautiful places in Italy to experience together.

41. Laura H

September 26, 2017 at 1:06 pm

I’ve been to Italy once before and spent a lot of time in Rome. I’d love to go back to visit all the rest of these though, particularly the Amalfi Coast!

42. Jen Temcio

September 26, 2017 at 1:26 pm

Ponte Rioalto and Procida is what I fist think of when I hear the word Venice. The the vatican of course, but my goodness there is beauty everywhere! I am dying to go there and just walk everywhere I can.

43. Anosa

September 26, 2017 at 2:00 pm

I went to Milan and Venice last uear and hoping to head to Rome before the end of the year. I am so jealous of your upcoming Italian trip

44. Aditi

September 26, 2017 at 2:18 pm

This is an excellent round-up. We are planning a trip in Spring so this is very timely!

45. Kailash Joshi

September 26, 2017 at 4:51 pm

Damn these places like heaven, i always wanted to explore Italy someday, i heard lot of good things about Italy from my friends, i’m going to bookmark this site, good information 😉

46. Angela Ricardo Bethea

September 26, 2017 at 5:54 pm

Italy is truly one of the beautiful places that I wish to visit. I’d totally love to visit the Sicily, Colosseum Rome and Pisa first though.

47. Leah Lander-Shafik

September 26, 2017 at 7:40 pm

I haven’t visited Italy – I am definitely getting some ideas from this post though. Gorgeous. x

48. Reese Alvarado

September 26, 2017 at 7:51 pm

Italy is so beautiful! I have never been there, but it is on my bucket list. Can’t wait to visit it. Thank you for sharing these beautiful places!

49. Emily

September 26, 2017 at 7:55 pm

I would love to go to Italy someday! It look so gorgeous and I am dying for some amazing food!

50. Stephanie Jeannkt

September 26, 2017 at 9:22 pm

Oh my. Vernazza looks like an amazing place. I want to go to Italy now more than ever.

51. Rebecca Smith

September 26, 2017 at 9:58 pm

Italy is such a beautiful country, I would love to explore it more

52. Candice Nikeia

September 26, 2017 at 10:24 pm

Wow! This looks beautiful! I want to go asap!

53. Michael @ Super Millennial

September 26, 2017 at 10:30 pm

Wow this looks beyond incredible. I cannot wait to go to Italy soon — parents just went and I am super jealous!

54. Bea

September 26, 2017 at 10:59 pm

I love this photography roundup, Italy is so beautiful I can’t wait to go there! This is going to be super helpful for when we plan our trip to Italy!

55. Blair villanueva

September 27, 2017 at 2:30 am

I can’t wait to read your stories about your Italia journey 🙂 Keep us posted!

56. Acupofassamtea

September 27, 2017 at 5:00 am

Every single pic is breathtaking. Your post is giving me some serious vacation goat.Love going through the picture of the places.

57. Samantha

September 27, 2017 at 5:46 am

I haven’t been to Italy, but would LOVE to go! All of these places look beautiful. Even though you’re limited on where you can go on this trip, it just means you’ll have to go back to see more. 😁

58. MELANIE EDJOURIAN

September 27, 2017 at 7:16 am

I have never been to Italy before but seeing your pictures OMG it really does look like a stunning place to visit!!! I hope yo have a lovely time.

59. Jasmine Eclipse

September 27, 2017 at 9:14 am

Oh my goodness I LOVE Italy so much! I’ve only been once, but I fell in love with the country. I can’t wait to go back!

60. Danielle

September 27, 2017 at 11:10 am

The Le Marche region is really beautiful. So much stunning countryside.

61. tiffany Yong

September 27, 2017 at 11:24 am

I’ve never been to Italy, but based on your photos, I love Frasassi Cave, the picturesque Saint Angelos Bridge and the Trevi Fountain in Rome most!

62. Thena

September 27, 2017 at 12:08 pm

I miss Italy so much! It is an amazing place, full of breathtaking views. These pics gave me a wonderful trip down memory lane. Thank you!

63. London Mumma

September 27, 2017 at 12:40 pm

We are off to Italy for our summer holidays next year, so this post has come in handy and i’ve booked marked it. So once we have it all planned I can let you know where we are off to.

64. Baby Isabella

September 27, 2017 at 12:43 pm

So many wonderful places in Italy! We’d love to visit the fair city of Verona! It would be great to have a road trip visiting as many places as possible x

September 27, 2017 at 1:22 pm

I love all of the pictures of all the beautiful places you have there in Italy. Italy is definitely on my bucket list. I will have to go to some if not all of these when I finally make it there.

66. Kallia

September 27, 2017 at 3:32 pm

We are planning a trip to Italy very soon and you just gave me some fabulous ideas! Thinking of Rome, Venice and Capri, since they both have been on my bucket list for so long!

67. Nicole Flint

September 27, 2017 at 6:42 pm

Italy is beautiful! So many beautiful places. Have fun on your trip, I would love to go to Italy!

68. Helen

September 27, 2017 at 8:09 pm

Italy really is the most beautiful country. You’ll have an amazing time on your trip. We’re planning to go to Italy next summer and travel around lots of different cities over a few weeks. Vernazza and Matera aren’t on my list but I’m going to have to add them after seeing the photos here.

69. Nicole

September 27, 2017 at 8:20 pm

Oh my goodness! These cities are so great! I wish I could now! Gorgeous photos!

70. Sarah Ann

September 27, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Italy is one of my favourite countries and you’ve captured it’s beauty and diversity perfectly in this post. The Colosseum is stunning but I love the Baths of Caracalla just down from it, they are breath taking!

71. Ali - We Made This Life

September 27, 2017 at 11:18 pm

Italy is such an amazing place, so many beautiful things to see and shops to visit as well as all the history. We are planning to go again next year, I can’t wait now!

72. Krysti

September 27, 2017 at 11:47 pm

I love Italy so much but I’ve only been to 5 of these! I need to go back and do more, it all looks so amazing.

73. Sheri

September 28, 2017 at 5:30 am

The Amalfi Coast and Capri are the two places in Italy I say I love most and will never forget. The beauty and the environment is so wonderful and we have a lot of great memories from our trips there.

74. Brandi Crawford

September 28, 2017 at 2:04 pm

Your photos are so gorgeous. I haven’t been to Italy. I definitely plan to go some day. This is a great post.

75. Lubka Henry

September 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm

Wow, this is a great list of some of the most insta=perfect places in Italy. Need to plan a trip soon.

76. Louise

September 29, 2017 at 1:06 pm

I am going to Venice on Tuesday eek! I can’t wait. There are a few places I would like to go in Italy and these places on list look amazing 😊

77. Juliana

September 29, 2017 at 4:46 pm

I’ve been to Verona, Rome, Venice, Lake Garda, Pisa, Como and Florence, but oh my gosh, there are so many amazing places on this list that I need to check out 😍 Thanks so much for sharing!

78. Aditi

October 1, 2017 at 11:28 am

I went to Italy couple of years back and we got to visit few of the places that you mentioned; of course, there is so much more to see in Italy. I hope I get to revisit it someday and cover all other beautiful places.

79. Candy Rachelle

October 1, 2017 at 10:46 pm

I have visited so may different areas of Italy and they all are just beautful. I guess that’s why Italy is my favorite country to visit ever!

80. Becca Talbot

October 4, 2017 at 2:30 pm

My gosh, who even knew there were so many beautiful places in Italy?! I have only been to the country once (with time spent in Pisa, Rome and Siena), so I’d love to go back and see more – especially some of the lesser known places you mentioned here x