A List of Pinterest Group Boards that Helped me Boost my Traffic

(Last Updated On: February 11, 2018)

I have been using Pinterest since the first day it was launched but I just recently found out about Pinterest Group Boards. For years it was the number one app on my phone that I would go to daily and simply enjoy the variety of things it can offer. I have started my blog quite recently and I was surprised that I can use my favourite app to boost my traffic. It is a pure pleasure for me to work on Pinterest and my blog does not seem like a job anymore, it is something I do to enjoy and de-stress.

What are Group Boards?

Group board is like any other board where other people are allowed to pin besides the creator of the board. You can use these group boards to get more exposure for your blog. Every group board has rules you have to follow but there are also some that allow you to do whatever you like. I would suggest you follow the rules because if you are spamming a board then you will lose many followers and you will not get any results.

At this point I have 5 group boards that are open for collaborators, so if you find one that is appropriate for your niche you can send me a message on Pinterest and I will add you.

Here is a list of 10 other Group Boards on Pinterest that you should be a part of. These are all general boards where you can share your blog post no matter what your niche is. The owners of all of these boards are really nice and to become a part of it you just have to follow the instructions you will find once you open the board.

All of these boards are well maintained and the content you can post there is general, no matter what you are blogging about. They have followers between 40k and 3k. Avoid groups with more than 40k followers because most of the times they are spammed or many people post on them so your pin might not even get noticed.

You might ask yourself why only 10 to 15 group boards when you can be a part of many more? The thing is, if you are a part of many group boards you can be tempted to post in each and every one and Pinterest may see you as a spammer because even though you share on someone else`s boards the pins are still staying on your profile and your website might be blacklisted.

pinterest group boards

I did this mistake once and it is very difficult to recover your account once it has been marked as a spam. I will share with you that not so pleasant experience pretty soon. And until then, remember, Pinterest offers slow progress. It is possible to have one pin go viral but still you want to build your account slow and steady.

Related Post:ย

Start a Successful Blog in 3 easy Steps

The Best Facebook Groups for Bloggers

The Ultimate Guide to Google+ Communities

ย FOLLOW MEย

BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | TWITTER

1. Avatar

Alexis @FITnancials

May 12, 2017 at 7:38 pm

I’m in a few of these group boards! They’ve been really helpful to increase my reach.

2. Avatar

Megan

May 13, 2017 at 2:03 pm

This was a great article. I just launched my blog this week and I’m slowly navigating the world of Pinterest and group boards. Thanks so much for the advice!

3. Avatar

April Kitchens

May 14, 2017 at 11:04 am

Great post. I’m going to look these up and try to join a few. I am super new to pinterest group boards.

4. Avatar

Natasha Haley

May 15, 2017 at 3:24 pm

Thanks for sharing this! I swear by group boards. I am a part of a few of these but not them all so I will take a look into the rest

5. Avatar

Ana De- Jesus

May 15, 2017 at 8:44 pm

Thank you so much for these boards. I never get substantial traffic from Pinterest so I will most definitely be joining these groups. I am just going to pop your blog link in my DM folder so I can come back to it xx

6. Avatar

Catvills

May 16, 2017 at 8:34 am

Thank you so much for this! I haven’t paid much attention to my Pinterest account despite all these articles discussing about how good it is to promote my blog. I have to do a major revamp on my boards and start pinning away again. Thanks for the reminder and I will take a peek at these group boards too.

7. Avatar

Mary

May 16, 2017 at 2:22 pm

I’m not a part of any group boards. What a great idea! I never would have thought to utilize Pinterest this way at all.

8. Avatar

Haneef

May 18, 2017 at 2:40 am

Thank so for this list! I’m working to build my traffic through Pinterest as well. However in trying to join a lot of group boards because I read that it’s beneficial because more eyes are seeing your work. Do you use systems like tailwind or boardbooster? They’re supposed to help schedule your pins in a way that aren’t spammy and post pins at peak times. Trying to get the hang of boardbooster myself.

9. Avatar

Emily

May 18, 2017 at 5:27 pm

This is exactly what I’ve been needing to find!! Thanks for sharing. I’m currently not using Pinterest as much as I should be and this will definitely help!

10. Avatar

Nimra arain

May 18, 2017 at 6:11 pm

Thank you so much cor sharing. I will definitely join them ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Avatar

Deborah Nicholas

May 18, 2017 at 7:53 pm

Oh i have bookmarked this, im yet to crack pinterest but will make sure i do it this year!

12. Avatar

Nahdia

May 18, 2017 at 8:13 pm

I definitely need to sort out my pint rest! Will definitely check out these groups. Thanks for sharing x

13. Avatar

squidmamma

May 18, 2017 at 8:20 pm

Great article with loads of good advice. Going to try and get to grips with Pinterest!

14. Avatar

Fiona

May 19, 2017 at 12:18 am

Awesome i so need this right now. have booked marked and will jump on some of the groups tonight when kids are in bed. thanks for the post

15. Avatar

Harmony, Momma To Go

May 19, 2017 at 1:07 am

So when I make a new post, and pin it, I pin it to all my group boards, I should probably do that over time… okay! I need some better group baords I think. Some seem stagnant.

16. Avatar

chichi

May 19, 2017 at 8:20 am

i am so thankful to you for doing this post, just what i needed!

17. Avatar

Kelly

May 19, 2017 at 3:31 pm

I thinking I need to re-structure my Pinterest! And actually use it for Marketing. I usually just use it for Personal stuff. But this is great!

18. Avatar

Victoria

May 20, 2017 at 5:53 am

This is a brilliant post, I have a personal pinterest and have set up a business one BUT Im not using it – ive bookmarked this to keep referring to it. Thanks for sharing!

19. Avatar

Barbie's Beauty Bits

May 21, 2017 at 12:29 am

Looks like some great boards. I belong to a few but are going to check the others out. I haven’t been using Pinterest much, it was a great percentage of my traffic, but has become harder.

20. Avatar

Stephanie

May 25, 2017 at 9:15 pm

This is so helpful, thanks for posting! I’m probobly gonna join a few of those ๐Ÿ™‚

21. Avatar

Julie

May 25, 2017 at 9:19 pm

This is super useful info as I’m trying to grow my Pinterest but it’s so going! Pinned this for later!

22. Avatar

Marijanna

May 26, 2017 at 6:25 am

Thanks Elena for the awesome idea! I love seeing other bloggers out there helping each other ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll be following a few of these! thanks again xx

23. Avatar

Latisha Taylor

May 27, 2017 at 10:45 pm

Thanks for the list. I never thought about using pinterest to boost my visibility.

24. Avatar

Nora

May 28, 2017 at 5:31 am

Excellent article! I had never heard of group boards but I sure have to check those out. I’m not very active in Pinterest in general but plenty of bloggers have written that it helps getting some new readers so maybe I have to give it a try.

25. Avatar

gabe

May 28, 2017 at 1:48 pm

Very helpful thank you!

26. Avatar

Nicole McMillen

May 30, 2017 at 6:05 pm

I need you in my life!!! Thank you for this.

27. Avatar

Chemady

May 31, 2017 at 5:33 am

I would love to be at Croatia, to also see the beauty of nature that place beholds.

28. Avatar

Akshat Jain

June 10, 2017 at 6:24 am

I have been doing some reading on this topic and know that Pinterest can be a rich source to attract traffic. At this stage, I am not leveraging this platform much. These insights will definitely help me to use it better to attract traffic.

29. Avatar

lily@militaryfamof8

June 10, 2017 at 9:24 am

Oh this is what i am looking for! This is a big help for my pinterest. Thanks for this!

30. Avatar

Rachel

June 10, 2017 at 3:06 pm

Thanks for sharing!! I have tried to join a few boards and I get no reply!! Its so hard to get followers too!! I have Rich Pins too!!

31. Avatar

thecuratedlab

June 10, 2017 at 5:05 pm

I am alway stuck when it comes to Pinterest tricks and tips…It is very new to me and I honestly have no idea how to increase my traffic using Pinterest as one of the sources.. Thank you for sharing.. I will check these boards

32. Avatar

David Elliott

June 11, 2017 at 4:55 am

That’s good advice. We all want to jump the gun and be instantly famous but it doesn’t usually work that way. And if we push ourselves too hard we can be considered as spam unfortunately.

33. Avatar

Helen

June 11, 2017 at 2:13 pm

I’m quite new to Pinterest and have only recently discovered group boards. This is a great list, thanks for putting it together

34. Avatar

kathryn Maher

June 12, 2017 at 9:24 am

Thanks so much for this tip for Pinterest. I only rejoined on Pinterest recently as I have always found it kinda hard to get followers but now i’ll take your advice and join these boards. Thanks for this! x

35. Avatar

lex

June 12, 2017 at 1:24 pm

i keep hearing and reading alot about pinterest boards and groups for traffic, i am not on any yet but hopefully soon i should sign up and enjoy the benefits too.

36. Avatar

Mira

June 12, 2017 at 6:35 pm

This is perfect! I’m just starting with my blog and any ideas or tricks I can learn to boost my traffic and learn even more about the whole social media influence on blogging is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

37. Avatar

Dogvills

June 12, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Thank you for the information. I have always wondered how Pinterest can help drive traffic to my blog. Of all my social media accounts, this is the one I use the least. Now I know what to do!

38. Avatar

Angie - WhippedGreenGirl.com

October 10, 2017 at 3:42 am

Thanks so much for including my blogger board in your list Elena! It’s been lots of work & monitoring but it’s really taken off! I hope it has served you well too ๐Ÿ™‚ Appreciate the mention again!!! https://www.pinterest.ca/whippedgreengrl/post-your-blog-bloggers-promote-here/